• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Distribution Maps for Week 2 NFL Games

I wish that the NFL would go to a pay-per-view system for those outside of their favorite team's market. For, say, $5, one could watch whatever game they wanted to whereever they are. They could create an online version and a cable/satellite version. It would be cost effective (for the financially challenged among us) and it would create more enthusiasm for displaced fans who might spend the money that they're not spending on Sunday Ticket to purchase team merchandise.

Anybody got Roger Goodell's ear that could pass this along?

They do that already, its called DirectTV. But you have to have DirectTV in order to get it.

Keep checking the maps each day - changes are made and some of us could end up with the game we want.

And yes, a new person takes over posting the maps this season. He is doing a great job too. There is enough for eveyone to do at BGO - thanks to BIO for posting this each week.

:)

They do that already, its called DirectTV. But you have to have DirectTV in order to get it.
Exactly. You have to pay a lot of money (for me, anyway) to have the service (DirecTV) and then you have to pay money on top of that to get NFL Sunday Ticket.

The pay-per-view system would be nice for me because I could just watch the game I wanted with minimal cost and not have to pay for all the stuff I'm not gonna watch.

I wish that the NFL would go to a pay-per-view system for those outside of their favorite team's market. For, say, $5, one could watch whatever game they wanted to whereever they are. They could create an online version and a cable/satellite version. It would be cost effective (for the financially challenged among us) and it would create more enthusiasm for displaced fans who might spend the money that they're not spending on Sunday Ticket to purchase team merchandise.

Anybody got Roger Goodell's ear that could pass this along?

At one point this was an option in Canada via the Sunday Ticket package. You were able to order individual games for approximately $10 or so. It quickly was removed and they basically went back to the buy the whole package for the whole season deal or receive nothing.

When you think about it, a pay per view system would ultimately work out best. I don't know about most football viewers, but I know for me personally, I choose a game to watch and stick with it. I'm not all about flipping back and forth between games other than during commercials of the game I'm watching.

From my standpoint, with Sunday ticket you are paying quite a bit of money simply to get your favourite team. You aren't necessarily watching more football than you would via the national t.v. broadcasts. It's all about choice. I wish as consumers we had more of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.