• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Devin Thomas Cut

I for one am pleased they cut him. If he can't find a spot with our Wr's it's way past time to move on. If we don't want him it's doubtful if he has any trade value at all.

Every week I receive email invitations to some club in the DC area for an after game party hosted by Devin.

Dang it.......I guess those will stop.

LOL

Every week I receive email invitations to some club in the DC area for an after game party hosted by Devin.

Dang it.......I guess those will stop.

LOL

The club would give you facials, manicures, and waxing after the game. Good for the ladies, not so for the men.

Mark my words, Devin Thomas will soon become a valuable commodity for another team. And he'll do it without even seeing the field. And the team he goes to will be on our schedule this year. And.......well, you get the gist.

I really believe that players that are going to be impact players find their spots to demonstrate it. Thomas was never able to do that. I think that's on Thomas, not anyone else. We can't afford to keep guys on the roster that *might* be able to contribute some day. I also have a lot of faith in Mike and Kyle's ability to determine whether someone is going to have a productive future with this team. Apparently, they just didn't see what they needed to from DT.

I have every hope Armstrong will learn how not to trip over his own feet! Mikey can teach him!

I did have that same thought Mike - that's a great point and we will miss him there far more than at the WR spot.

As a Michigan State alum I was rooting for him. But I agree with Boone, he just never did what was necessary to make his mark and get on the field.

If he were so great, they would've found somebody to trade with to get at least a late round pick, but apparently the rest of the NFL agrees that he's not worth much:

The team was actively looking to trade Thomas over the past week, though no team was willing to part with a late-round pick. Thomas mustered only 40 receptions in 34 career games, and was never able to establish himself on offense following the arrival of head coach Mike Shanahan. Thomas is under contract for the league minimum through 2011, and will undoubtedly latch on with a wide receiver thin team such as the Rams.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=185344

So they brought Keiland Williams back up from the Practice Squad, but what about Austin? Did he get picked up some where else? Is it time to see if his glimpse of talent in the pre-season can transfer to real time in the regular season?

Devin Thomas was the one receiver I thought would make it. I won't blame Vinny on this pick. He chose the top rated receiver in that draft. It is the rest of that draft that still has me scratching my head.

So they brought Keiland Williams back up from the Practice Squad, but what about Austin? Did he get picked up some where else? Is it time to see if his glimpse of talent in the pre-season can transfer to real time in the regular season?

Devin Thomas was the one receiver I thought would make it. I won't blame Vinny on this pick. He chose the top rated receiver in that draft. It is the rest of that draft that still has me scratching my head.

Shanahan's/Allen's draft wasn't any better. Any fool - even Vinny - can hit on a top 10 pick. but what about the rest? NADA. SQUAT. NOTHIN.

SAME OLE PATTERN.

Shanahan's/Allen's draft wasn't any better. Any fool - even Vinny - can hit on a top 10 pick. but what about the rest? NADA. SQUAT. NOTHIN.

SAME OLE PATTERN.

Actually not true. Go back and look at the success rates of top 10 picks, it's scary. I always thought Vinny did a fairly nice job of picking in the first round, it was after that he sucked, imo.

Seems to me our scouting department needs some eval this off season. Never understood why Danny will pay trillions for our coaches and players, but I think I read our scouting dept is one of the smaller ones in the league.

Why is that?

Actually not true. Go back and look at the success rates of top 10 picks, it's scary. I always thought Vinny did a fairly nice job of picking in the first round, it was after that he sucked, imo.

only point I was making...first round picks..especially in top 10....is not a separator.

Just for ****s and giggle, Lavar Tweet:

@LaVarArrington LaVar Arrington
THESE COACHS HAD IT IN FOR DEVIN THOMAS AND IT SHOULD BE STATED THAT THATS Y HES NO LONGER A SKIN

And Shanahan's take, courtesy of Keim:

@john_keim John Keim
Shanahan on Devin Thomas: "He's got the talent, he sure does but he's going to have to commit to being a pro."

Last edited:
Just for ****s and giggle, Lavar Tweet:

@LaVarArrington LaVar Arrington
THESE COACHS HAD IT IN FOR DEVIN THOMAS AND IT SHOULD BE STATED THAT THATS Y HES NO LONGER A SKIN

And Shanahan's take, courtesy of Keim:

@john_keim John Keim
Shanahan on Devin Thomas: "He's got the talent, he sure does but he's going to have to commit to being a pro."

so it doesn't strike you as a bit strange that with basically no preseason or regular season play...Shanahan unloads the guy? (i.e., never actually tried to draw out the talent?). fine...Shanahan's making a point. meanwhile...the team doesn't have a single receiver physically suited to the modern receiving game.

The denial is strong in this one.

Sorry, I just had to quote this one and post a pic of you know who - and this opinion of DT.

57e5ed59-c93c-4a61-8fb6-29a7d0eedf98.jpg

Joey Galloway has caught a total of 7 passes for 121 yards through five games. I can't help but wonder if the much younger Thomas wouldn't have done a little better in that spot if given the chance. It's a moot point now but had he been given the chance, in addition to his kickoff return duties, I have to think it gives him more confidence and makes him a better player.

I guess we'll never know but......Joey Galloway? Seriously?

Reading into Shanahan's comments, i think there is a LOT behind the scenes that we are not privy to. We have a group of somewhat injury prone, older WRs now, excepting Armstrong, and Shanny just dumped one of the younger, strong, more athletic guys we've got? Something must have just happened or has been happening on a regular basis that we don't know about.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Think Armstrong showed why Thomas is gone. You have to go out and prove yourself everyday. Shanahan and Co. run a different operation than one that brought him in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.