• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Deshaun Watson - In the hunt for a happy ending

SirClintonPortis

The Free Agent Vet
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Needless to say, things are starting to come....hard and fast.

Whole lot of smoke for there not to be at least some fire here. My guess is that Watson won't see an NFL field for quite some time, if ever. Not to prejudge, but there's a thread that runs through all this... demanding staff changes, believing that as a marquee player, YOU should be the one driving the direction of the franchise and who runs it, and some of the behaviors described here. That thread is massive arrogance.

Can you imagine if the Texans had entertained trade offers before all of this came out and had let him go? Bet they are wishing like hell they had when that opportunity was there. Btw - latest rumor is that they may be looking at Alex Smith as an option since it appears very unlikely Watson is going to be an option any time soon.

Whole lot of smoke for there not to be at least some fire here. My guess is that Watson won't see an NFL field for quite some time, if ever. Not to prejudge, but there's a thread that runs through all this... demanding staff changes, believing that as a marquee player, YOU should be the one driving the direction of the franchise and who runs it, and some of the behaviors described here. That thread is massive arrogance.

Can you imagine if the Texans had entertained trade offers before all of this came out and had let him go? Bet they are wishing like hell they had when that opportunity was there. Btw - latest rumor is that they may be looking at Alex Smith as an option since it appears very unlikely Watson is going to be an option any time soon.
I don't believe the football rebellion he was leading for himself was unjustified at all; as the sheer dismantling of that team due to incompetence at best was obvious and quite the laughingstock in the sports media. That the owners simply drew from the same toxic Belichick tree of non-success once again would make anyone want to check out.

I'm still taking a back seat and taken the extreme position that most of these are consensual encounters and thus most are not liable for damages. Even if this hunch is wrong, I don't expect all the women to be credible. But all it takes is one licensed one, who strictly follow the rules and have all credentials/training/etc to do real damage.

But some of the stories seem a bit suspect at the hesitation the women displayed when it was clear Watson wanted something frisky. There is no stigma against legit therapists; legit massage is nonsexual.

The filings where the therpaist do not have a license are questionable from the get go.

The one case with the outcall from someone in Atlanta is also very odd, as such an arrangement would take losing at least a day of regulars for a football player who would be charged the same rates as any average joe or an outcall that after expenses, rake it not enough cover the time lost.

Interesting to note, but Texas is open in terms of court access, so anyone can sign up at the clerk website and obtain an unofficial pdf of the filings.

I do think that there is a "blessing" by the Texans to allow Buzbee and media to run wild and hype up the news cycle against Watson. I do not believe they care about trading him and never will; the sole goal is to end him to some extent; business is secondary to spite.

Generally, after an initial report to put some sort of transgression on the record, the news cycle doesn't really follow up or "stoke the flames".

While whether he is a transgressor remains up in the air, the information does seem to indicate he is a "serial massage seeker", to quote Skip Bayless. hahaa

I think the idea that the current goal of the Texans is 'to end him' flies in the face of all logic. That goes well beyond 'spite' to 'willing to cripple the franchise for years in order to punish a player'. That's a pretty bold assertion ... based on what?

I think the idea that the current goal of the Texans is 'to end him' flies in the face of all logic. That goes well beyond 'spite' to 'willing to cripple the franchise for years in order to punish a player'. That's a pretty bold assertion ... based on what?
It could set back the franchise for years, or they suck so bad they easily get his replacement.

Besides, they've self-destructed everything else so much that having a franchise QB get too many wins is not a major concern.

This is the same team that traded away Hopkins for basically nothing.

I'm not arguing the Texans aren't a clown show... that's fairly well established. But I just can't see them hoping this doesn't somehow get 'resolved' in their favor. It's franchise suicide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.