• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Defense is saving our season

the Raiders offensive line is even worse than the Giants injury riddled group. absolutely awful.

Hate to be a wet blanket but when the announcers said "The secondary has had a good day in coverage" the only thing I could think of was...Well, they're the Raiders. Just exactly who do they have at wideout that scares anybody??

A win is a win and I'll take it anyway I can get it.

Still alot of work to be done...specifically some heavy lifting on O.

Next week Dallas plays Denver, the week after they play us.
That means we will be in 1st place in 2 weeks.
Not tied for 1st, but alone in 1st.
There's no way we make it as a Wild Card.
But as a Division Winner ?
Hell Yeah.

well, that one dropped pass by Robinson in the end zone against the Lions looms large. That TD if it had counted put the Redskins ahead and most likely changes the outcome of that game.

it's just like the Logan Paulsen fumble today. guys just have to be smarter and make sure they have the ball and follow through with the catch and then secure it.

focus and concentration - and in Paulsen's case stop trying to be a hero and go 70 yards for a TD with 4 guys hanging on you.

Hate to be a wet blanket but when the announcers said "The secondary has had a good day in coverage" the only thing I could think of was...Well, they're the Raiders. Just exactly who do they have at wideout that scares anybody??

Wideout?

Forget that. Who did they have at QB and RB? This was a lousy offense with it's two best offensive players on the sideline. Once McFadden went out there was no way they were scoring again. I'm very happy we won. We really really needed this win. But I think it's more that we got a great draw than anything else.

And that's fine. 1-3 with a week to lick our wounds isn't the worst place to be. Bob looked REALLY off today, especially in the first half. Hopefully two weeks of rest will help him out. We need him to be a lot better.

well, the Colts drew the Jaguars today while the Texans had to face Seattle.

meanwhile the Eagles got to face the 'truth' in Peyton Manning.

but it all evens out over the course of the season.

we will face Manning and the Eagles are going to face the Raiders.

remember, the big negative on the Redskins in the past has been playing down to the level of poor opponents and then rising up and upsetting better clubs.

If you really think about it, if our Defense could tackle we would not be in to bad of shape. I wonder how many yards teams have on us after first contact?

Even Orakpo had a good game today.
Which kept my irk meter at ultra high today, since one of the commentators (not sure who it was) insisted on putting the p before the k all 952 times he said his name. I was hoping for long drives to score bviously, but also so I would hear Orapko less :laugh:

The same guy even called Meriweather Maynard a half dozen times. It's like listening to Brian Billick when he kept calling Santana Moss Santonio Holmes on a Monday night game a few years ago. I had to mute it after a while.

Which kept my irk meter at ultra high today, since one of the commentators (not sure who it was) insisted on putting the p before the k all 952 times he said his name. I was hoping for long drives to score bviously, but also so I would hear Orapko less :laugh:

The same guy even called Meriweather Maynard a half dozen times. It's like listening to Brian Billick when he kept calling Santana Moss Santonio Holmes on a Monday night game a few years ago. I had to mute it after a while.

Hey, I like the name "O-Wrap-ko" better than Orakpo, anyway.
Maybe if we keep sayin it, our players will learn to "wrap" when they tackle.

Terry Bradshaw was even worse. He called him "Ron Halo" today.

Hey, I like the name "O-Wrap-ko" better than Orakpo, anyway.
Maybe if we keep sayin it, our players will learn to "wrap" when they tackle.
Blasphemy. Non tacklin has become a culture here. Defensive guys here now and in the past have said point blank that this team absolutely does not coach tackling, ever. It shows on the field they aren't exaggerating. Everyone tries to be ST and flatten guys, and that doesn't work for anybody now, and never did in the past for anyone but Taylor. Wrap the arms, bring the guy down. Everyone is so busy trying to lay out the big hit or strip the ball, and it's embarassing that they do that and give up 500 yards a game and countless TDs when they could just bring the guy down.

During the bye, they need to dedicate some days to proper tackling, then punish guys who don't adhere to it. Some tough love is much needed.

I like the effort today....but....

That's probably the worst offense in the League with that backup qb and an o-line that is awful.

The thing is - we're no longer allowing some of the worst opponents (including worst offenses and/or worst defenses) look like the best, when they play us.

And that is huge, for us.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.