• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dear Sarge

Sarge

Dear Sarge,

The Washington Redskins have their sights set on the playoffs this season as they take on an exciting line up of top ranked opponents at FedExField, including the Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, and Minnesota Vikings.

Be there live to see the season opener against Redskins rival, the Dallas Cowboys, appearing on Prime Time television.

Plus, don’t miss new Redskins Quarterback, Donovan McNabb, face-off against his former team, the Philadelphia Eagles.

It’s not too late to pay for your 2010 Season Ticket Invoice. Visit www.redskins.com/myaccount or call the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050 to pay for your season tickets.

Click on the schedule image above to get your own printable copy of the 2010 schedule.

FedExField is the place to be in 2010.

Hail to the Redskins!

The Washington Redskins

Sorry danny. Tens years of driving this team into the ground has caused you to lose a ticketholder

It's the only way you'll learn

Me and a bunch of others. I know folks at work that put themselves on the list last year and are getting calls from the Skins now.

I would venture to say that the vaunted "Waiting List" is no more.

Seriously?

Cerrato gone. Shanahan/Allen in. McNabb ... and you're bailing now?

Let it never be said human beings all march to the same drumbeat. :cool:

Yeah, I agree with Om here. If you were gonna abandon the season tickets, when the whole Zorn-hiring debacle happened would have been my choice.

Dear Sarge,

There are lots of boogey men in the world. Your personal hatred of Mr. Snyder has carried you far, but, it's time to move on. The petty nature of your disdain, likens you more to the image you have created of him, than anything else. It's been somewhat entertaining, at times, over the years, but now, you've painted yourself into a corner by stating you were gonna drop your subscription.

So, do it already. Nobody cares.

Or don't, and come back cheering. No one will think less of you.

It ain't that deep.

Dear Sarge...

...So, do it already. Nobody cares.

It ain't that deep.

I care. With the recent moves that Snyder has made by allowing his team to be run by professionals he gets a small break, but 10 years of meddling and the personal effect on Sarge's family when Snyder took over, I believe the man has a right to his disdain. I share a similar disdain for Snyder but mine is less personal.

I have to admit, I am caught up in the hoopla of the off-season again. I am looking forward to being one of those teams that makes a drastic turn around. Once again, I feel like I have been sold on hope for the upcoming season.

It happened 10 years ago with a splash of free agent talent. I gave Snyder the benefit of the doubt because I knew he was a fan at heart. It happened when Marty was brought in. The Spurrier hiring was another moment I did not agree with, but looked forward musing about glory because he won at Duke! Then when Gibbs came back, a tear fell from my eye with great enthusiasm. With Zorn, I was confused and slightly upset that Williams was not given the job, but after a year and a half in, it was never more obvious that Daniel Snyder had become a cancer to this team. 10 years of poor football decision making coupled with great marketing showed us all what the bottom line really was in the Burgundy and Gold.

Has Snyder had a change of heart? Well here we are, Mike Shanahan, a proven NFL coach, is running a tight ship while he and Bruce Allen, the son a beloved figure in Redskins lore, collaborate to bring an winner to DC almost immediately. Is there a better way to deflect the animosity from the fans? Is this the reason Snyder brought these guys in? Is this another marketing ploy to sell tickets? Is Sarge the only one to see what the real motive here is? I think not, I think we are in for a change in Burgundy and Gold land. But I do not discount Sarge's acrimony. I share his umbrage, I have not forgotten what the last ten years under the ownership of Daniel Snyder has looked like.

I will go to games this year, I will root for the team for which I am obsessed, but I still refuse to spend a penny on concessions while at the game. That is my method of protest. Sarge should be permitted his own protestation as well.

Seriously?

Yeah, I agree with Om here. If you were gonna abandon the season tickets, when the whole Zorn-hiring debacle happened would have been my choice.

unfortunately sarge all that is going to happen here is new people step in and take the tickets. there is no real "message" to danny that he will hear because the revenue will still be the same.

i feel your pain but there is a new wind blowing in DC...

now if that #5 would just sign an extension I could get his jersey.

Dear Sarge,

There are lots of boogey men in the world. Your personal hatred of Mr. Snyder has carried you far, but, it's time to move on. The petty nature of your disdain, likens you more to the image you have created of him, than anything else. It's been somewhat entertaining, at times, over the years, but now, you've painted yourself into a corner by stating you were gonna drop your subscription.

So, do it already. Nobody cares.

It ain't that deep.

The message must be driven home fellas. Yeah, it appears
there's a new wind blowing, but it's done so before. Everyone gets hopped up and the whole cycle starts again. There have been promises made of coaches being given "complete control", only to find out that's not quite the case. Granted, this years situation appears to be more promising in terms of "the danny has finally learned is lesson", but again, it's happened before.

So this year, I'll watch the games from home. I don't have to sweat the three hour drive, the parking mess and the crappy stadium. If they stink the place up in the first quarter, I can turn the TV off and go do something constructive...........immediately, not after another three hour drive home.

Like I said, I'm pretty certain the waiting list is a thing of the past, and I put that right on dannys lap. He's taken a franchise that used to have season tickets passed on in wills, and turned it into a cheap circus, and frankly a laughing stock.

Maybe in a couple of years, IF they show signs that the danny can keep his little dickskinners out of the operations, I'll put my name back on the list. Shouldn't take too long to get tickets again.

And notice I didn't say "If they show signs of winning". My condition is that our clueless owner keep from playing fantasy football. Simple.

Meanwhile, I have better things to do with $1500

I care. With the recent moves that Snyder has made by allowing his team to be run by professionals he gets a small break, but 10 years of meddling and the personal effect on Sarge's family when Snyder took over, I believe the man has a right to his disdain. I share a similar disdain for Snyder but mine is less personal.
Of course Sarge has the right to feel anyway he wants. My point is, we've heard it for years. I get it! He doesn't like Snyder, and never will. How many more times does it have to be repeated. That's the "nobody cares" I'm talking about. We all "care" about our team.

Sarge said:
The message must be driven home fellas. Yeah, it appears
there's a new wind blowing, but it's done so before. Everyone gets hopped up and the whole cycle starts again. There have been promises made of coaches being given "complete control", only to find out that's not quite the case. Granted, this years situation appears to be more promising in terms of "the danny has finally learned is lesson", but again, it's happened before.
As I've said, your message is known, and has been, to anybody who's read your "Danny is The Debil" manifesto over, and over, and over, through the yeeeears! So, if you want to drop your tickets, DO IT! Just stop looking for some kind of medal for it.

Personally, I think we're headed into another season of hope. Just like every one of the 40+ seasons I've enjoyed as a Redskin fan. However, I think our new coach is vastly overrated. I think our new QB is equally overrated. But I am still as hopeful as I always am, that we will enjoy an exciting season that ends with winning the first ever Super bowl played in the cowpies new stadium. I can also continue living if we don't. Like I said before, it ain't that deep.

There is nothing I can control concerning the operation of the team. I accept that. I can either be a fan, or not. Being an extremist by nature, if I'm in, I'm all in. If I'm out, I'm all out.

I choose to be in. Nobody should care about that, either.

Of course Sarge has the right to feel anyway he wants. My point is, we've heard it for years. I get it! He doesn't like Snyder, and never will. How many more times does it have to be repeated. That's the "nobody cares" I'm talking about. We all "care" about our team.

As I've said, your message is known, and has been, to anybody who's read your "Danny is The Debil" manifesto over, and over, and over, through the yeeeears! So, if you want to drop your tickets, DO IT! Just stop looking for some kind of medal for it.

Already done. The op was the "Please give us your money again this year" email I got from the ticket office.

And by no means am I looking for a medal. I just thought it was both sad and funny that here, almost two months after the supposed cut off date for paying for tickets, the danny is still trying to get people to re-up. Glad I didn't pay for the tickets back in March like some folks and have the interest payments for the extra two months.

Like I said, maybe a year or two of a lot of yellow seats on TV will make the danny stay away. That's my hope anyway, and the hope of more than a few people I know that are joining me in not re-newing

Sad isn't it? Would anyone have thought 10 years ago, or maybe even 5, that the Skins couldn't sell out a game?

The blame lies squarely with one person

Ax, while I respect much of your input on BGO and over at ES, I was supporting Sarge and his rant. I wish for nothing more rhan success here in Washington, but I will no longer give Snyder the benefit of the doubt. I supported his decision making for too long. I finally realized that years of mediocre at best was insufficient and the fault lie at the top. If it takes empty seats to precipitate real change, I am all for it. I just can't stop going to games aftee a 12 year absence from the area so I choose not to purchase concessions until I see somethinb different.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

i think sarge is making the right call. just for giggles, i put my name on the list about 10 months ago...and started getting calls about 6 weeks ago.

THERE IS NO LIST! if sarge wants to get season tix again when he feels the time is right...there wont be a long wait.

besides...with the advent of HD-TV and the beer fridge...why ANYONE would go to that awful stadium, deal with parking, insanely priced concessions is beyond me.

Seriously?

I do believe Sarge's point was as fols: results now must precede commitments. seems entirely reasonable to me.

Personally, I think we're headed into another season of hope. .

geez...I was mildly interested until I hit that sentence...the import of which has taken some major hits over the last year and a half.

rec you revisit the verbiage while broadcasting your own pet themes......:wall:

I gave up my season tickets seasons ago - but only because I simply couldn't get up to enough games frequently enough to justify them. Truthfully, I didn't find the upper deck crowd much to my liking either. Taking my (then young) son to games and having to hear the 'F bomb' hurled 150 times throughout the game, deal with the inevitable drunks and idiots (about an equal number of whom had skins gear on) just took a lot of the appeal away for me. And I'm hardly a virgin to those things, I just have enough class not to pull that crap around kids.

As to the general discussion, no offense to anyone involved, but we really don't have an opinion on how often someone should be allowed to express an opinion. As long as folks aren't disruptive, or spamming the board with posts that don't contribute, we will allow members to post their opinions. Sometimes people won't like those opinions, and that's fine too. As long as everyone keeps it respectful, disagreements, even strongly expressed ones, are just fine :)

As for Snyder - I personally feel that the 'danny boy' characterizations are probably the lazy way out. None of us are so simple, predictable, or either so good or evil that one moniker can define us. Not even Snyder :) A moniker like that may have been well-earned, but it doesn't really add anything to the conversation. On the other hand, Sarge certainly has a personal reason to dislike Snyder intensely, so I dont think those of us who don't have personal experiences can really assess whether his lifelong commitment to hating Snyder is fair or not. I can't anyway. I just don't have the energy to love or hate the guy. I'm a lifelong Redskins fan. Owners are just temporary stewards. I still have hope Snyder can learn, even if he only seems to get the harsh lessons.

Bummer, I was just getting ready to spam the board with Dan Snyder is the devil" threads;)

Truthfully, I didn't find the upper deck crowd much to my liking either. Taking my (then young) son to games and having to hear the 'F bomb' hurled 150 times throughout the game, deal with the inevitable drunks and idiots (about an equal number of whom had skins gear on) just took a lot of the appeal away for me.

Oooh, sorry bout that stuff. :D

My hopes is that with everybody bailing, they'll actually move me down some rows and closer to the 50.

Didn't happen last year, hopefully it will this year. But this team does need to start winning at home or I will stay at home with the HDTV. Losing at home sucks worse than anything.

Boone, you know it's funny. I hardly curse at all (if ever) at games. At home however, I'd make Samuel L. Jackson blush during games.

I too gave didn't renew my season tickets this year however I will still make it up to a couple games if only to see the new hd board.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

So much for the "waiting list" Way to go danny boy

Dear Sarge,

Although you have decided not to renew your Washington Redskins general admission season tickets for the 2010 season, we want to thank you for your support of the Redskins and we hope you continue to cheer for the team in the future. We have reassigned your seats to other season ticket holders, but if you change your mind and are still interested in tickets for the 2010 season, please give us a call at 301-276-6033 and we can let you know if anything is available.

You remain eligible to purchase tickets to special events at FedExField. Simply log on at www.redskins.com/myaccount to purchase college football tickets to Virginia Tech vs Boise State or Penn State vs Indiana. Check back often as new events may be added throughout the year!

Thanks again for joining us at FedExField last year, and we hope to see you again at a Redskins game or other events in the future.

Hail to the Redskins!

So much for the "waiting list" Way to go danny boy

Although I also think that the waiting list is now merely a marketing tool rather than a reality like in the past, how does that message from the organization lend itself your comment above?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.