• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

DC Examiner: Did you find any positives in the Redskins' loss against the Chiefs?

Orakpo and Haynesworth are definitely not busts.

Suisham still hasn't missed a FG.

We didn't lose an offensive lineman for the year.

Portis' longest run of his career, which I would put in both positive and negative category. Positive for obvious reasons, negative because Seller's missed a block, and Portis missed a cut, and we're just not good enough to NOT score on that play.

Portis' longest run of his career, which I would put in both positive and negative category. Positive for obvious reasons, negative because Seller's missed a block, and Portis missed a cut, and we're just not good enough to NOT score on that play.

I'm not that awfully surprised by CP not getting a td on that run-for one thing, he's only had 4 40+ yard runs since he left Denver and there he was slimmer and better built for quick direction changes-he beefed-up for the Gibbs power run system and with the amount of through-the-line running he's had to do his body has, frankly, taken a beating season after season. Even though he's only 28 I think this has had to have had an effect on how quickly he can change direction. He's been used for short-burst running, even though he did run for 20+ yards 13 times during the 2008 season, and has had to use his leg strength to power through an OL that gets easily jammed up. I honestly wonder how much longer his body can take it.

Our punter looks pretty good.

When he's healthy.

EDIT: Ok, did you do this on purpose? :)

404 ERROR

We're Sorry. The URL you requested was not found.

It marks the end of the Jason Campbell era

That's about it

Campbell is starting against Philly...the JC era is not over yet.

Portis has NEVER been good at the downfield, one-man-to-beat cut. Throughout his career I've been frustrated by this. There have been several examples of this, where if goes one way, he probably scores, but he goes the other way and gets tackled. The one that stands out the most is against Denver in 2005, he took a screen pass like 60 yards, and had Samuels out in front blocking. He completely ran in the direction the blocker was blocking, and tripped on his own feet and didn't score. I'm 99% sure we got a field goal on that drive, and ended up losing the game by a very small amount of points.

I dont think Sellers missed that block; I think Portis didnt go around him.

It was a combination of both. Sellers fell down, but Portis should have gone inside of him. As I said, Portis is notoriously bad at this. He's good through the intial hole, then has to use his speed to outrun people.

there's only 5 home games left in the season to embarrass ourselves :mad:

It was a combination of both. Sellers fell down, but Portis should have gone inside of him. As I said, Portis is notoriously bad at this. He's good through the intial hole, then has to use his speed to outrun people.

I remember thinking the same thing and then later saw an Endzone view of this play back up the field where it pretty clearly looked like if he had cut back to the middle of the field the chase guys would have had him. In all honestly, from the second view it looked like Portis got the max out of it he could in this case by just staying the course. Had Sellers managed to stone that one guy it would have been over though.

I'm not going to knock it either way. Few backs in the NFL ever carry the rock 70+ yards from scrimmage on one play, as witnessed by the fact that Portis himself had never done it before, so I'll take it.

Other positives:

- Haynesworth is doing what we paid him to do as witnessed by Carter's sack numbers. Can't help but wonder if Orakpo wouldn't have more than Carter does if he played there full time but I'll take Carter's. He is on pace for a career year.

- Hall made an open field tackle.

- Orakpo appears to be getting comfortable at SAM.

Last edited:
Our Defense looked good. It was frustrating to watch the corners play so far off the receiver on 3rd and long, but other than that they are a damn good defense. Give them an offense that could keep them off the field for longer than a 3 and out and they would definitely be a dominant D. I believe that if they had time to rest in between series, they would get to the QB a heck of a lot more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.