• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

DC Defenders

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
This looks like it could be a fun team to watch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rashaad Ross and Simmie Cobbs Jr are on this team

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I loved the new kickoff style. it has potential to be a good filler and farm team for the pros.

The tackling looked better than any Defense put out by Greg Manusky.

I didn't watch it and probably won't have time for it, but I did enjoy the thought of a Jim Zorn coached team getting a punt blocked and a TD scored in DC... BY the DC team for a change! Well, maybe punt blocks weren't a staple, but embarrassing special teams... you keep doing you, JZ.

Sorry, still bitter. I actually don't really wish him poorly, but I did think that highlight was funny.

I watched some more of it over the weekend and enjoyed it.

Looks like teams are having difficulty with the extra point decisions. They seem to be going for the 2 point conversion from the 5 yard line more than the 1 point from the 2 yard line and the 3 point from the 10 yard line.

The numbers are overwhelming, very few extra points are being converted.

I have to think if I were a coach with those options, I'd run it from the 10 yard line after every touchdown. I just opens the field up so much more and the odds aren't that much different for the payout of 3 points.

In Sunday's game, Dallas scored a TD to pull within 3 points about mid way through the 4th Q. Instead of going for the tie, they tried for 2 to pull within 1. With the opportunity right there for a tie, one play away...they tried for 2. Why wouldn't any coach go for 3 there? On the very next drive, they allowed a TD with about 3 minutes left and found themselves down by 2 scores, instead of what could have been just a TD.

I watched some more of it over the weekend and enjoyed it.

Looks like teams are having difficulty with the extra point decisions. They seem to be going for the 2 point conversion from the 5 yard line more than the 1 point from the 2 yard line and the 3 point from the 10 yard line.

The numbers are overwhelming, very few extra points are being converted.

I have to think if I were a coach with those options, I'd run it from the 10 yard line after every touchdown. I just opens the field up so much more and the odds aren't that much different for the payout of 3 points.

In Sunday's game, Dallas scored a TD to pull within 3 points about mid way through the 4th Q. Instead of going for the tie, they tried for 2 to pull within 1. With the opportunity right there for a tie, one play away...they tried for 2. Why wouldn't any coach go for 3 there? On the very next drive, they allowed a TD with about 3 minutes left and found themselves down by 2 scores, instead of what could have been just a TD.

Yeah it's an interesting wrinkle that i dont think they've fully grasped yet. I'd be going for 3 on most plays, but that's just me.

This league may be onto something, but it's still got a ways to go. I have a feeling that the TRUE test is going to be season 2... when the 'top' talent is poached by the NFL, and teams start to lose their recognizable players. I don't think anyone will be able to establish any type of legacy player over multiple seasons, and I think that could ultimately hurt the league.

IMHO they need to get with the NFL and have a behind closed doors type understanding. If Eli Rodgers signs with an NFL team, there is ZERO chance they let him play in the XFL next year. Same goes for PJ Walker. The rosters are going to have to be recycled pretty much every year.

Another Sunday, more football to enjoy. A low scoring game, but still exciting at times to watch.

And for the life of me I will never understand Matt Jones. At times he looks like a great RB, vision, explosiveness, strength...then, the other 75% of the time he looks mediocre at best, running up into the back of his blockers.

Last edited:
I think they anticipate a pretty high attrition rate because some will venture to/back to the NFL and others will miss the cut, I mean whats the average roster turnover yoy for any sport. Now it might be a bit harder to build a franchise in this model where players are on one year deals but if the NFL started heavily recruiting the XFL talent I think contract language, length and buyout conditions would be forthcoming the XFL players.

Williams vs. Haslett. Oh the irony but I will be watching…

Game Chat will be open too. I'll probably stumble my way in there shortly after kickoff.

Kind of surprised by the lack of interest - this is DC football afterall and what else is there as compelling right now?

It was a fun season... hate to see it end that way, proud of my guys.

Watching that defense brought back some bad, familiar memories. I still will never understand why Gregg Williams believe in a pressure based defense that plays its corners with a twelve yard cushion at the snap. As long as you're willing to make a quick throw it is so easy to beat.

That slow start doomed them. As burgie mentioned, the DB play was awful and whatever Gregg Williams was trying to do, it didn't work and he waited way too long to respond to what the Renegades were doing. Credit to Perez who basically turned their season around almost single-handedly. He did a really nice job. Despite losing the finale, great season for the Defenders. I only caught the last 2 games but it is an entertaining product to watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.