• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dallas Week

TomE

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Keim does a cliff notes of the 'rivalry'
Lots of oddball stuff that didn't have much to do with the games.

Here's one I didn't 'remember' ;)
The chicken club. This one is a bit different. Some big-shot Dallas fans living in Washington wanted to pull a prank during halftime of the Redskins-Cowboys game at RFK Stadium on Dec. 17, 1961. The Redskins had an elaborate show planned with Santa Claus being pulled by a dog-drawn sleigh. So the Cowboy pranksters spread chicken feed around the field the night before and somehow snuck 50 chickens into the stadium. The plan was to release them during the show, have the dogs go nuts and enjoy the scene. They kept the chickens in crates inside the baseball dugout behind the Dallas bench. Alas, Redskins general manager Dick McCann wandered by several minutes before the chickens were to be released and foiled the plot. But some of those involved used to prank Marshall by calling his phone and clucking like chickens. In their next meeting at RFK, two men in chicken costumes hopped onto the field and weaved through the band during their halftime show.

Eff Dallas:moon:

The story about George Allen breaking boards with his feet and fists...and breaking his hand in the process....was always a good one.

But George's wife was the real driver behind George's passion for beating the Cowboys...and she swore like a sailor!

All about the lines of scrimmage in this one--particularly on defense.

If our big guys can at least hold their own against their big guys Monday night, I like our chances.

Supposedly, Dez has practiced this week for the first time all year. He says he is 100% and never felt better. We need to put pressure on Cassell somehow. We don't blitz much.

As far as their offensive line, they have been humbled and are looking for vindication. They will be looking to get McFaddin running the ball then its play action to Dez all day. Hopefully, Barry will have figured this out by now.

Supposedly, Dez has practiced this week for the first time all year. He says he is 100% and never felt better. We need to put pressure on Cassell somehow. We don't blitz much.

I recall Breeland taking good care of Bryant last year, and I'm pretty sure Bryant was 100% healthy then, and had Romo healthy in that game, too.

Nothing better than the night they honored Aikman, Irvin and Smiff.

Skins 'primetime' record is pretty bad (a slight understatement) but.......

Dallas and Skins on Mon Night are 8-8...........who sez there ain't no rivalry.

Keep hearing that Pokers n' Skins have more primetime games than any other matchups....... who sez there ain't no rivalry.

3rd highest rating tv wise on ABC Monday Night ever.... two games in top ten.....ever..... who sez there ain't no rivalry.

Skins Pokes Monday Night ESPN...... Colt's game.... 7the all time ESPN...... who sez there ain't no rivaly.

EFF.......... Dallas

too funny. watched Redskins Nation yesterday. so...at the same time that the league is playing down on/off field violence, concussions, etc......the team is running montages of absolutely vicious licks the Skins have crashed on various cowturd players over the years. there was one clip that captured a particularly nasty hit on calvin hill and after actions where he is stumbling around obviously semi-concious. got distracted so I don't know if Arrington's hit on Aikman was replayed.

those were the good ole days.....advance apologies to all the PC folks out there. the game has changed so much that it is unrecognizable to some like me from what I grew up with and loved in the 70s and 80s. wilbur marshall anyone? LT? perhaps the players have gotten too big and too fast. even so...the adjustments are slowly removing many of the core elements of the game....worsened by the growing presence/influence of real-time subjective assessments required to enforce the ever-growing set of rules intended to tamp down the violence.

Last edited by a moderator:
RJF put this up, just had to bring it here.

21 on Dallas.jpg

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d807432bd/Top-Ten-Feuds-George-Allen-vs-Dallas-Cowboys[/video]

My Favorite part, George Allen on the Cowboys: "They're nothing but a bunch of goddamned front runners...."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.