• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Crezdon Butler? CB from Arizona

Crezdon Butler (born May 26, 1987) is an American football cornerback for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League. He played college football at Clemson and was selected in the fifth round (164th overall) in the 2010 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Butler was originally projected to be a late first round selection before his senior year. After his statistically lacking season, opinions as a whole dropped negatively: some sources regarded Butler as an undrafted free agent target, while others rated him as a possible 5th round target.[4]

On September 4, 2011, Butler was claimed off waivers by the Arizona Cardinals. He was placed on the injured reserve list on September 20.

Third stop. 6 feet tall, 191 pounds.

This does make sense, as we had only 4 corners. I'm really not that familiar with him.

I wonder what he was on season-ending IR for last year?

Is this another injured player?

He runs a 4.4 but dislocated his ankle last season, and went to IR. He's 25 years old.

Well, I suppose the Redskins thought he was a better prospect than Thompson.

Not that the Cardinals after the trade of Cromartie have an elite secondary.

Given how he was regarded (at least in stints) and an injury history that may have held him back from his potential, might be worth a gamble. May have to ask Huly about this one - as a die-hard Clemson fan, she no doubt would be able to give us some intel.

Not sure if this is a PS move or on the roster. Trying to find out.

Well, he's younger than Jones and is faster than either. But he lacks experience and comes to us off IR from last season. The one thing the Redskins do quite often is gamble on injured players. That actually worries me more than offering a guy a second chance after a drug suspension.

as Sally Field said at the Oscars: "you really like me" :)

it's nice to be so favored by the players as a destination.

Shanny just said that he's on the 53.

Hi everyone!

I am a die hard Clemson fan and from my perspective he is an awesome player. I have not followed his NFL career but he always gave 100% at Clemson. Quick, decent hands and decent tackler. I never saw anything that made me question his skills. I am excited to see what he can do for the skins.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Thanks for checking in and your 'take' on him Huly!

Thanks for the input, Huly.

The thing that first jumps out at me, and is concerning, is that he missed almost all of last year, due to injury, and we have had a bad experience with players who have had injury histories.

Prior to last year, did seem to be brittle or fragile ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.