• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Congratulations Pierre Garcon!

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Lost in the muck of another heartbreaking loss to our dreaded foe is the accomplishment of Pierre Garcon who becomes the all time single season reception leader in Redskins' history.

Congratulations Pierre!

Congrats Garcon. I will freely admit I was not happy with that signing at the time, and could not have been more wrong! Excellent addition to our team, congratulations!

Congrats Garcon. I will freely admit I was not happy with that signing at the time, and could not have been more wrong! Excellent addition to our team, congratulations!

Yeah...just a matter of time before McD5 comes in here gloating.

In this case, he would be justified. He called it, and was definitely right, no doubt about it.

December 22, 2013
FedExField

Redskins Hall of Fame Wide Receiver Art Monk

On wide receiver Pierre Garçon breaking his record for receptions in a season:

“I’m excited for him. It’s an opportunity that doesn’t come along very often, so whenever you have an opportunity to set a record with the NFL or a team, it’s a great opportunity. Having set the record myself, I understand how exciting it is, so I’m excited for him. Records are meant to be broken. I didn’t expect to have it as long as I had it, but I’m glad the pressure is off of me now. He has the opportunity to step forward and get all the praise and the glory for it.”

December 22, 2013
FedExField

Redskins Hall of Fame Wide Receiver Art Monk

On wide receiver Pierre Garçon breaking his record for receptions in a season:

“I’m excited for him. It’s an opportunity that doesn’t come along very often, so whenever you have an opportunity to set a record with the NFL or a team, it’s a great opportunity. Having set the record myself, I understand how exciting it is, so I’m excited for him. Records are meant to be broken. I didn’t expect to have it as long as I had it, but I’m glad the pressure is off of me now. He has the opportunity to step forward and get all the praise and the glory for it.”

Classiest player to every wear the B & G imo.

Great job to Garcon!

Well done for Garcon. I'll personally be even more thrilled about these types of accomplishments when they are accompanied by championship rings.

When you think of the accomplishments of guys like Portis, Moss, etc., while wearing our colours, it's always disappointing in the sense that their personal achievements never really coincided with true team success.

Yeah...just a matter of time before McD5 comes in here gloating.

If he doesn't, then I fully expect him to do so, once we aquire Garcon's sidekick, Josh Morgan :)

Back on topic, CONGRATULATIONS Mister Garcon, and THANK YOU, because what makes your record so special, is that you were determined to set it in a year, when so many teammates and coaches gave up, or gave in, and you did the OPPOSITE !!

I was one of those few(?) who was absolutely tickled pink the moment I heard we had signed Garcon.

I had watched him with the Colts and knew the kind of ability he had and couldn't wait for it to bloom wearing Burgundy and Gold.

Congrats again Pierre-job well done.

I just hope he doesn't become the next Santana Moss : years and years of awesome effort and amazing individual production at the #1 WR position, but surrounded by a miserable team which always falls short.

You need to separate what you would like to see from this team and what they are showing us week to week.

Garçon had 11 of Cousins' 21 completions in part because the other receivers are not reliable either with their hands or running the right routes.

With Jordan Reed on IR there is slim pickings as targets on this team.

I too, congratulate Garcon. I will admit I had mixed feelings... various reasons... I love Art Monk dearly; but it's a record that has stood for such a long time, and Art got his at a time when we focused on the run, so while I congratulate Garcon, I feel Monk's record is more "significant" in that in today's game in general, teams are more "pass happy" at times. Nothing against Garcon, just sortof stating my opinion. The fact Monk's record stood for as long as it did I think backs up my statement for what it is worth.

Come on man this is a congrats thread, not a receivers thread. The whole point of this thread was to give props to Garcon, not address issues we have in our receiving corps.

Props to Garcon in a huge way. I was worried about him at first, with a cautious excitement, and he's proven to be a legit player for this team. Monk is one of the all time greats, and to have a player on the current roster who can play to the same level is something to be proud of. Garcon comes to work, there's no denying it, and even after the season has been "over" he's still putting his shoulder down and running over safeties. He trucked Demarcus Ware this past sunday. I like Garcon and hope he continues to play for this team for a long time.... he's one of the core pieces we need. Props to you 88.. may you have the ability to make me no longer hate that jersey number!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.