• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Confirm/Deny that Elijah Wood ruined LOTR for you...

Confirm or Deny that Elijah Wood ruined LOTR.

• Confirm

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Deny

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Beans

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rival Allegiance
I make this thread because popular opinion is that Elijah Wood did a bang up job as Frodo. I thought the part was totally miscast. Hobbits are supposed to be tough, gritty, and have a strong sense of brotherhood. Wood made Frodo seem like a whiny little bitch with homosexual tendencies (not that there is anything wrong with that...). He definitely took the "strong brotherhood" aspect between him and Sam a bit too far.

So, BGO Nation, did Elijah Wood ruin LOTR for you?

I thought he was fine, but Sam carried the relatioship. He was exemplary, imo.

Elijah was definitely the weakest link. I wouldnt say he ruined the movies, but he did Anakin Skywalker the part.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Elijah was definitely the weakest link. I wouldnt say he ruined the movies, but he did Anakin Skywalker the part.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I think you mean that Hayden Christiansen Frodo'd his part ;)

What do people not like about Frodo? He was a fairly weak character, but that was consistent with the books, imo. The whole point of Frodo's weakness is to show Sam's strength, and that neither could have accomplished anything without the other.

Agree with Goal. I liked Wood as Frodo especially because of the dynamic he had with Rudy. It worked very well, IMO. Also, there was no ruining those films for me.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.