• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Confessions

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
We all have shows, movies, bands, songs, etc. that we love even though we shouldn't. You know the kind I'm talking about - the kind where you're almost embarrassed to admit you like something, even though you secretly love it.

In high school, I loved The Cranberries. As I've gotten older, I love Nicholas Sparks books, because I'm a sucker for a good love story. I still love Legos, The Muppets, and watching Neverending Story and The Goonies. And you know what? I'm at a point in life where I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about it, and I think that's awesome.

What are your confessions?

I love scary movies, and really dumb comedies. I cannot 'not watch' 'There's Something About Mary' if I see it as I'm channel surfing. I love no-name band hits the big-time movies like 'That Thing You Do!'. I love stupid shows where every episode is basically predictable and the same. "American Pickers', 'The Curse of Oak Island', 'Naked and Afraid'. I'm a smart guy. But I don't want to have to think too hard when the TV is on.

My guilty pleasure: I sometimes use shaving cream when I shave instead of just hot water and a bar of soap.

I like Abba. Biggest guilty pleasure.
Same here. And I hate musicals, but when Mama Mia came out when my daughter was about 8, she was all about it. The second I realized it was written around ABBA songs, I started watching it. Loved it.

I've watched the entire run of Downton Abbey about a half-dozen times with my wife and daughter. It never gets old.

I love scary movies, and really dumb comedies. I cannot 'not watch' 'There's Something About Mary'
Same. Brett Favra? Lol.

I love no-name band hits the big-time movies like 'That Thing You Do!'
The "oneeders" were awesome. "I quit." ting ting, "I quit." ting ting, "I quit." Eddie and the Cruisers was equally amazing.

I love stupid shows where every episode is basically predictable and the same. "American Pickers'
I met Mike and Frank years ago at a Wawa with my kids when they were up here picking in Suffolk - awesome guys. And Danielle is really hot.

I've watched the entire run of Downton Abbey about a half-dozen times with my wife and daughter. It never gets old.
:shields my eyes and looks the other way: You my friend, probably just won this thread :LOL:

That's awesome though, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. We all have them, most people just don't have the balls to admit it.

When my kids were growing up, they watched a lot of Nickelodeon and Disney shows. I got to where I like some of them. Fairly Oddparents and iCarly were awesome, and so was Spongebob. And I will fight anyone who disagrees.

I love the old Godzilla movies.

My wife thinks I'm crazy watching these films with a man in a rubber suit, fighting with another man in a rubber suit...but I LOVE em!

I like cartoons as a adult.
So do I. I'll always be loyal to Looney Tunes, but when my kids were younger they watched some stuff that was actually pretty damn funny. Fairly Oddparents is awesome for anyone who hasn't seen it, and of course Spongebob.

I didn't watch Family Guy or American Dad for the first time until about 2 years ago, they both kill it.

I love the old Godzilla movies.

My wife thinks I'm crazy watching these films with a man in a rubber suit, fighting with another man in a rubber suit...but I LOVE em!
I love Godzilla and literally every King Kong movie, no matter how stupid. They just have that special something for me. My son is 14, and he's a Godzilla nut, I love it.

When I'm bumping uglies with the old lady I hum Hail to the Redskins, she's a Giant's fan - this is not in fact true, I yell it at climax

I love Godzilla and literally every King Kong movie, no matter how stupid. They just have that special something for me. My son is 14, and he's a Godzilla nut, I love it.

Yeah I love the Kong movies too, most of them anyway. Pretty stoked to see Godzilla vs Kong when it comes out, apparently Kong has grown to the same height as Godzilla now so should be a fun movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.