• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Commanders Coffee #20

What has been the Commanders' best offseason move thus far?

• Re-signing Payne

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Andrew Wylie

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Nick Gates

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Cody Barton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cam Dantzler

• Jacoby Brissett

• Total voters

Canadian Hog

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Free agency is just getting started, but the Commanders have been fairly busy making moves. In your opinion, what has been the team's best move thus far and why?

I'm always a big fan of signing great players to a second or even third contract. I feel it makes them feel wanted and other players see us more of a career spot and not just get paid place.

Hard decision for me between Payne and Brissett but I chose Brissett.

Clear upgrade at the QB spot because 1) he can move and 2) has size and a legit NFL arm.

I know this isn't part of what CH asked but:

Worst move so far: letting Cole Holcomb walk leaving us with Jamin Davis and a bag of bottle caps for an LB corp.

I voted Wylie because a) we desperately need upgrades on the OL, and b) because he is a Bienemy guy who is only 28 and could be one of the line anchors for quite awhile. Like the Brissett signing as well.

I picked Payne

I was so worried we were going to just ride his franchise tag for 2023 and let him walk for nothing. I am happy we got a deal done and we're investing in a piece that will be part of the future of the team.

I like the Wylie signing as he's versatile, but none of the other moves really do a ton to make the team 'better.' They all kind of sure up some questions. As I said on the podcast tonight, we haven't raised the ceiling, but we have elevated the floor.

Payne for me. I said this in the offense thread. Until the leadership changes and this franchise becomes competent, I don’t expect anyone to re-sign. I expect that they will all leave just waiting to get away from the drama and turmoil. Seeing Payne sign after getting two other core guys in Allen and McLaurin to re-up is a big step forward. You have star players sticking around and not just guys who are sticking around because they likely don’t get many other offers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.