• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Commanders Coffee #19

Canadian Hog

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Eric Bienemy has been tasked with transforming the Washington offense. Define what a successful unit and season under his watch in 2023 needs to look like.

Top half of the league offense in year 1, and top 10 in year 2 is the bar for me. You have to achieve that or all of the turmoil created will not have been worth it. And intimately tied to that goal has to be the successful development of Sam Howell. If they can turn him into a bonafide NFL starter, then Bienemy will deserve consideration to replace Rivera in the HC role.

There are a lot of 'sub-goals' that will go into the overarching offensive ranking targets I set:

1) Seriously beef up this OL.
2) Find (or groom) a couple of legit starting TEs
3) Continue growing the abilities of your young WRs and RB

Bienemy has his job cut out for him.

The only thing I would add is to deploy a scheme where the opposing defenses and the fans can’t identify the play before it begins.

The only thing I would add is to deploy a scheme where the opposing defenses and the fans can’t identify the play before it begins.

Crazy talk!

Success will be feeling I was proven right. :ROFLMAO:

What I mean by that is I look at our weapons and just don't get how we can be that inefficient and low scoring. McLauren, Samuel, and Dotson feel like they are a Posse quality group especially when working with a hammer of a running back like Robinson that forces the D to press and honor the run. We should be having receivers open all over the place or huge holes for the runners because D's are afraid of getting burned.

I have been feeling most of our shortcomings over the last three years has to do with play calling and QB play. Last year, you have to throw in OL play, too, but I really do think the scheme and predictable play calling was a major drag on our ability to execute. Teams just knew what we were going to do and when we were going to do it. Now, execution can beat that, but we also weren't crisp enough on our execution to counter good guessing by the D. Next year, I hope our talent gets a chance to prove themselves.

Unpredictable...

But when predictable... effective (ie... 2 min to go, we're gonna run the ball down your throat, and we're able to do it).

1/2 the time you watch GOOD offenses in the NFL and you have no idea what they're gonna do

The other 1/2 the time you know exactly what they're gonna do and you can't stop it.

A lot of this comes from elite playmakers in KC, so Bieniemy is going to need to prove he can do it here. At the end of the day, identify what works, and execute it. If you're busting off 8 yards a carry with B-rob... DONT STOP. When Terry McLaurin is abusing Diggs... GET HIM THE BALL. When Gibson takes a screen pays 80 yards... maybe call that play again sometime over the course of the remainder of the season.

With an average of 18.9 points per game, this unit was ranked 24th in the league in 2022.

I see suggests that if we get to the top half of the table, that will be a solid improvement and is a reasonable expectation. I'm not so sure.

Top half means 16th and up. The Falcons were 16th in 2022 with a whopping 21.5 points per game. That is all of 2.6 points per game or 44 total points more than 2022.

Let's be generous and call it 3 additional points per game. In 2022 that was the difference between 8-8-1 and 9-7-1.

To really make a difference in our record at the end of 2023, we need another TD per game. That would bring Washington in just below 26 points per game and ranked use 8th in the league in scoring offense. Top quarter.

Another TD per game would have left us with an 11-6 record for 2022 and the second Wildcard spot.

Bob, you’re working on the notion that the avg went up 3 pts per game EVERY game when we both know there would be games we scored 6 additional points and others we scored 0 resulting in the same average.

Additionally 1 more drive per game with points is just that much more on TOP so a loss of 8 to the giants would have meant one of those scoring drives doesn’t happen for them. Opposing offenses watching how inept we offensively, means they can play totally differently… more effective offense changes their game plan as a whole. It may mean in the 3rd quarter we’re playing with a lead instead of a deficit. It could mean Minnesota needed a last second FG to tie instead of take the lead

Sure, I get it.

But I still think we have got to do better than just Top Half. Look, we dropped 1 point a game in missed FGs alone this year. Fix that and the offense needs less than 2 additional points per game to move into the Top Half.

Top Half just feels like a really low bar here considering how many points we all know we left on the field last year.

Sure, I get it.

But I still think we have got to do better than just Top Half. Look, we dropped 1 point a game in missed FGs alone this year. Fix that and the offense needs less than 2 additional points per game to move into the Top Half.

Top Half just feels like a really low bar here considering how many points we all know we left on the field last year.

no argument from me.

The offense greatly under-achieved.... just trying to keep my expectations somewhat tampered because it's not easy to go from bottom 2 in the league in scoring with the easiest schedule on paper, to top 1/3 in a single offseason.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.