• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Commanders Coffee #13

Canadian Hog

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
From 1-4 to 6-5 and a very realistic shot of making the playoffs. A pretty remarkable turnaround to a season that looked over at the end of September for Washington. Who in your opinion is the one individual (player or coach) most responsible for the team's success over the last six games?

Discuss away, BGO!

I'll start off by saying that it's been a pretty remarkable team turnaround. I think all three phases have played better. Not that they aren't without their flaws, but definitely better. When you get contributions from all three phases, it makes the other look good. The defense getting a turnover gives a short field to the offense. The offense having long sustained drives help the defense. Special teams helps with the field position and hitting FGs makes the long drives count for something.

Having said that, I will go with the man who's head we were calling for just a few games into the season, Jack Del Rio. The entire defense has turned it around and they are winning first and foremost with defense. There are some players that have stepped up, Jamin Davis being at the top of that list, but the unit as a whole has been great these last 6 games. I'll give credit to Del Rio and his defensive coaches for getting the whole unit to play well.

Ill go the easy route and say DelRio as well . The moves he made to tinker with he defense is paying off .
He gets Cam Curl back puts Forrest at the other safety slides Bobby McCain to slot defender all the while realizing Jackson doesn't fit(should have figured that out tho before we signed him) but hey the adjustment was made and it was the right decision because St-Juste and Fuller are playing really well together . Jammin Davis looks better and better with each passing game. With all the foot stomping I've done for sure about the defensive line , getting pressure on the Qb has been no problem at all and now I'm reading reports the Rivera wants Deron Payne back which is music to my ears. So yea Kuddos to him and a Defense that's really humming for him

I’m going to say it’s Jon Allen. Del Rio certainly deserves credit and I think you guys are clearly right that it’s our defense that has driven the winning stretch, but I’ll go with a player. Allen is the heart of this defense. He’s coming off signing a big second contract and is one of the hardest-working and highest-performing players on the roster. He sets the absolute tone for the entire defense. When the team needs to hear something, he and McLaurin are the players saying it - and he has the absolute respect of the entire player and coaching roster.

Last edited:
Ill go the easy route and say DelRio as well . The moves he made to tinker with he defense is paying off .
He gets Cam Curl back puts Forrest at the other safety slides Bobby McCain to slot defender all the while realizing Jackson doesn't fit(should have figured that out tho before we signed him) but hey the adjustment was made and it was the right decision because St-Juste and Fuller are playing really well together . Jammin Davis looks better and better with each passing game. With all the foot stomping I've done for sure about the defensive line , getting pressure on the Qb has been no problem at all and now I'm reading reports the Rivera wants Deron Payne back which is music to my ears. So yea Kuddos to him and a Defense that's really humming for him

I’ll add the decision to move on from Sam Mills, as well. I don’t think that JDR was the ultimate decision maker but he undoubtedly to me was intricately involved.

Addition by subtraction - this defense started playing better the minute William Jackson developed back problems and had to sit. Since he exited the starting XI on D, the whole unit appears to be in sync and working as a well-oiled machine. I have a hard time believing we win 5 of 6 with him in the lineup.

Honorable mention to Taylor Heinicke. For whatever reason, when he is in the starting lineup he seems to serve as an amplifier for the intensity of the entire team, not just the offense. Guys finish plays better, think more, and turn the motor up higher. I can't explain it but it's definitely a thing.

My top factor list:

1. Heinicke - he has thrown some picks, but overall his ability to stay away from drive killing sacks and negative plays has kept the offense on the field longer and given the defense a breather. Leadership is also highly underrated. The presence of Heinicke - whether from better play by offense, defense or special teams seems to add 4-6 points per game to the team, and that has helped win games.

2. The improvement of the back seven - the front four was playing well to start the season but the linebackers and DBs were awful the first few weeks with blown assignments and poor tackling. The insertion of St. Juste in the lineup and Kurl/Forrest tackling ability has definitely helped. Jamin Davis has also markedly improved, acknowledging he along with the DBs started off with a pretty low bar to exceed after the first 4-5 games.

3. The return of Brian Robinson - Robinson has added a toughness to the run game we didn't have before. Gibson is a great athlete and can make plays in the open field, but Robinson is going to get those 1 or 2 tough yards to convert downs and keep drives alive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.