• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Commanders Coffee #10 - Sale Edition

Canadian Hog

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
The news of Dan Snyder potentially selling the franchise was music to all of our collective ears yesterday.

While not official, if a full sale of ownership transpires, where would it rank for you in terms of special moments that you have experienced in your lifetime as a fan of the Washington franchise?

What say you?

A few from my list of biggest moments:

1) Doug Williams incredible 4 TD second quarter in SB XXII
2) Brunell/Moss 2 late TD bombs to shock Dallas on the road.
3) Riggo’s stiff arm run to beat Miami in the Super Bowl
4) 2005 final game of season where Sean Taylor picks up a fumble, rumbles 39 yds, and does his game winning TD dive into the endzone. I was on the sideline taking pics and ran down the sideline screaming with him. Literally cried knowing Gibbs was taking us to the playoffs again.

Getting rid of Snyder could never match those moments. I’m excited but also sad that we’ve had to watch this disaster for 20 years. But yesterday was a very good day. And the day he is officially gone will be an even better one.

Last edited:
Fourth

Behind SB XVII, SB XXVI, and SB XXII - in order

1st live game 1985 against the Giants at RFK - didn't understand much but was hooked at that point
Already stated - Doug Williams - first Superbowl I remember watching and understanding more of the game
Entire 91 season
2005 Playoff game vs Tampa - was great to see after getting hosed by the refs in the regular season - I was at both games
2015 vs Rams - BGO tailgate

The departure of Snyder to me is HUGE.

I used to live in DC from 1982-1997 and had the opportunity to see quite a few games over the years that remain burned into my memory as some of the best times 55,000 people can have together :cheers:

The opportunity to potentially regain a stadium venue in DC and a return to a more intimate and up to date facility is beyond what seemed possible 5-10 years ago.

The new owners can chart their own course, hire a new GM and let that person bring in the next coach and restock the roster from the bottom up rather than the top down.

Let me go ahead and get this out of the way now.

1. Heinicke engineering the greatest comeback in team history in week 8.
2. Heinicke’s heroic performance in week 7. Aaron who?
3. Heinicke overcoming the worst defense in the history of the NFL to lose to Dallas by 42. I’ve been told it was defense that threw those picks in the first quarter.
4. Heinicke almost beating the Bucs in his first playoff game. Defense let him down otherwise he would have been the Super Bowl MVP.
5. Theismann’s perfect hand off to Riggins in Super Bowl XVII. You think Wentz could have handed the ball off that perfectly?

Large gap

1,724,951. Anything that’s happened since 1985 that didn’t involve Heinicke.

We are all in a giddy mood since yesterday, but could still use a laugh. Plus, I just posted what we all knew was coming anyway.

Screenshot_20221103-153332.png

Look at all these rumors
Surrounding me every day!

Eb-o-neeee … and I-vor-eeee side by side in perfect har-mo-nee…..

Based on age, my most cherished memory will always be the '91 season, and to a lesser extent, the '87 Super Bowl game which was playing on the TV during my 7th birthday party. That was my first introduction to the Skins. The joy and jubilation I experienced with Gibbs' return would also rank fairly high.

I honestly would have to say that a Snyder sale would rank pretty high on my list - top 5. This largely stems from the fact that this potential sale gives me an opportunity to hopefully get my two boys invested in this team. I want them to experience the exhilaration and pride I experienced as a kid cheering on the B&G. My oldest son and I bond over football and he is quite invested in following the NFL at 11 years old. Unfortunately, we don't share a mutual love for this team, because I have never forced Dan Snyder's dumpster fire on him, or my 9 year old for that matter. Why would I put them through that hell?! My oldest cheers on Kansas City because of star power and recent success of that franchise. That said, he is always lurking during Washington games, keeping a close eye on what is happening. I know deep down he wants them to win for me. If we could become a winner again under new ownership, I feel like he could get on board still. I want to experience the bond that father and son could have over the love of a team. He is the first person I want to hug if we ever hoist another Lombardi, and it would be a shame if Dan Snyder were to rip that opportunity away.

My serious list is as follows:

1. Super Bowl XXVI - I was in high school and this solidified my love for this team. I was so fired up the next day at school. We were playing touch football but I was ready to lay the wood like Brad Edwards on the Buffalo receivers.
2. Super Bowl XXII - I mean, 35 points in the 2nd quarter. You can't beat that. Still the greatest thing I've ever seen in one quarter of a game
3. Riggins TD Run in Super Bowl XVII - I was too young to remember it. What I remember about that Super Bowl was my parents calling me into the room to see the team on the phone with President Reagan. But once I was old enough to understand the game and watch the highlights, I realized what an iconic play that was.
4. The Art Monk Ovation - The only off field moment in this list, but the highlight of fandom since the 91 Super Bowl. I've never clapped that long, cheered that long, or seen anything like it. That was such an amazing night and was so glad to be a part of it. I was crying literal tears, not the figurative ones I talked about on the podcast last week. I was excited to be there and see Green and Monk, but was blown away by the ovation.
5. The Monday Night Miracle - It took until the 8th quarter of football to score a TD in 2005. But they scored 2 in the blink of an eye to destroy the hearts of all the bandwagon fake fans that say they are cowboys fans. Moss even talked trash about ruining the night of the vastly overrated Aikman, Irvin, and Smith (Smith deserved all the praise he got. The other 2 were overrated). And the dumb look on Parcells face at the end of the game was topped only by the dumber look he had later in the year when the Redskins embarrassed them late in the season to go to the playoffs while Bill would head home in January.

I've always tried to separate the players from the coaches, from the front office, and from the owner. So I'll celebrate the great moments that happen on the field despite the owner, GM, coach, or even some of the players. But the selling of the team would probably rank just behind those moments I listed above. The difference is the excitement from this potential sale will last a long time. I still get chills thinking about that Monk ovation, but once that night was over, it was over. This sale could have such a long lasting impact to this team and my fandom. It's been about about 5 years since I've been to a game. I used to go every year and I even went to the playoff game in 2016 against the Packers. Today was the first time I thought about going to a game again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.