• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cocky Seahawks Bring 16-0 Chatter to 11-5 Season

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
Every article on this game regardless of the media source seems to include at least one or two gratuitous quotes from Seattle ayers about how they have this week's matchups covered and how the Redskins present no problems on either side of the ball.

The 2007 Patriots didn't go into the postseason with anywhere near this much hubris.

Given the first round exit of the 15-1 Packers last year when playing at home one would think a wild card team on the road might come in with a little bit less fanfare.

But evidently, Carroll likes to see guys in the press thumping their chests before a big game.

Ironic that so few of the players quoted from Sherman to Browner to Hill have ever been in a big game before.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Ironic considering they had a win against Green Bay gifted to them (literally) and their only quality wins were one against NE and one against SF.

Nick

Yeah, but we don't qualify as a big game. Just ask them, they'll tell you.

The stats geeks have all annointed the Seattle team as one of the greatest, wait for it, OF ALL TIME. Not kidding there. And their fans are lapping it up. They very well may beat us, they are a really good team, but it will be close either way. And I say we have at minimum a 45% chance of winning, AT MINIMUM.

I guess all they need to do to complete things is to have this guy walk around pregame:

JerryGlanvilleBeltBuckle.jpg

"Are ya scaredy?"

I have compared Seahawks fans to Eagles fans and in meeting several of them this week I feel vindicated.

This is without a doubt the loudest group of frontrunners I have seen in a long time.

Someone needs to let them know a wildcard berth doesn't validate them.

Everyone over there seems to be acting like their coach... douchey.

Last edited:
Someone needs to let them know a wildcard berth doesn't validate them.

Couldn't the same be said about the Skins not being validated ? Very similar stories as teams with rookie QB's. Aside from them acting like world beaters and publicly thumping their chests, and our players quietly going about their business, both teams produced about the same results....

We won the toughest division in football. They got a wildcard in the second weakest. Not similar at all from my perspective.

We won the toughest division in football. They got a wildcard in the second weakest. Not similar at all from my perspective.
Eh, Arizona is crap, but San Francisco is a helluva lot better than a lot of teams and St. Louis was mediocre. The NFC East was rather strange this season. Philly was a pushover while the Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins all had major flaws.

Did any team in the NFC East lose a division game 58-0?

Seattle lost on the road to the Dolphins and Cardinals earlier in the season and then beat the slumping Bears and Bills who fired their coaches a couple of weeks later.

That 3-5 road record against mediocre opposition isn't all that impressive.

Seattle also has been mostly healthy during the season, while the Redskins have lost several key players including two in Orakpo and Davis that likely would have been legitimate pro bowl candidates.

Despite that the Redskins are the division winner and home playoff team. The Seahawks get to ride the plane and reset their watches.

Unlike 2005 and 2007 when they had a veteran team and were playing at home, this time those advantages do not obtain.

Did any team in the NFC East lose a division game 58-0?

Seattle lost on the road to the Dolphins and Cardinals earlier in the season and then beat the slumping Bears and Bills who fired their coaches a couple of weeks later.

That 3-5 road record against mediocre opposition isn't all that impressive.

Seattle also has been mostly healthy during the season, while the Redskins have lost several key players including two in Orakpo and Davis that likely would have been legitimate pro bowl candidates.

Despite that the Redskins are the division winner and home playoff team. The Seahawks get to ride the plane and reset their watches.

Unlike 2005 and 2007 when they had a veteran team and were playing at home, this time those advantages do not obtain.
If we're going to judge who had it easier by the quality of competition, I think both sides have plenty of ammo to bring up that the debate can last a year.

Weren't the Seahawks also playing the AFC East where ALL of the teams outside of NE are complete disasters?

At least in the AFC North, the Redskins were playing Baltimore and Cincinnati teams that are in the playoffs and a Steelers team that was at the time over .500. Only Cleveland was a gimmee out of division.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled we took the division, we get a home game out of it. It could easily be argued that the NFC north is the toughest, and if you think the NFC W is weaker then the AFC E or AFC W, you need to take the rose colored glasses off.

NFC N allowed 178 less points then the NFC E, and fielded 38 more points. Both divisions had a 4 and 12 team bringing up the rear, but the north had three teams with at least 10 wins, with two teams in the playoffs. That makes them the toughest division from my perspective.

Two teams, no, make that three teams, with rookie QB's, with one game difference in the win / loss columns all go to the playoffs when nobody ever saw it coming. Nope, nothing similar there...

If making the playoffs doesn't validate your season, what does ?

as important as wins when you are comparing teams is the schedule they played and WHEN they played each of those clubs.

Again, the Redskins had the AFC North while the Seahawks had the AFC East. The North is a much better division top to bottom. Outside of Cleveland, the other 3 North teams were still in contention when the Redskins played them.

The difference between us playing Cincinnati and Pittsburgh (on the road) and losing to those teams early vs. the Seahawks playing the Dolphins and Jets is one reason you can point to the Redskins 10 wins and the Seahawks 11 wins and ask yourself which team's overall record and winning streaks is more impressive.

Give me the Bills, Jets, Dolphins and Patriots and I will take the rather easy 3-1 finish in those 4 games.

Who cares?
I hope we crush these arrogant blowhards!

as important as wins when you are comparing teams is the schedule they played and WHEN they played each of those clubs.

Again, the Redskins had the AFC North while the Seahawks had the AFC East. The North is a much better division top to bottom. Outside of Cleveland, the other 3 North teams were still in contention when the Redskins played them.

The difference between us playing Cincinnati and Pittsburgh (on the road) and losing to those teams early vs. the Seahawks playing the Dolphins and Jets is one reason you can point to the Redskins 10 wins and the Seahawks 11 wins and ask yourself which team's overall record and winning streaks is more impressive.

Give me the Bills, Jets, Dolphins and Patriots and I will take the rather easy 3-1 finish in those 4 games.
While the AFC North is harder to beat than the AFC East, the Seahawks got to face San Francisco twice while the Redskins did not face something similar. Not only that, they routed the Niners once. Anyway, the Seahawks' more favorable road against the AFC East netted them one extra win. They did beat New England, a team I believe is superior to Baltimore, to get one of those 3 wins.

Yes, we might have had the tougher road to make it here, but we also had the fortune of having the rest of the division--the Giants especially--being pansies down the stretch.

I'm actually leaning towards the Redskins having the tougher stretch, but I don't think the difference in challenge is very large. But, I haven't given much time to analyzing and interpreting the data thoroughly and properly.

Quite frankly, I do not care for debates like these since what matters is how one teams parts fares against the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.