• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cobblestones: Going Gonzo for Jim Henson

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Last year, I had a thought about starting my own radio show and decided to throw the dice. Everything is always harder and longer than you expect to be, but the journey is always important even when the gnats sting, the briars tear, and your foot sore.

We created three pilots. I say we because with a not for profit, I was able to raise some of the funds to create these shows. Several of my dear fellow Redskin fans helped. Some of my adversaries, who are also my friends, helped as well.

The first of those pilots is airing in New England and Upper New York next Friday. It is a wonderful trip with some of the original performers, writers, builders, and people behind the Muppets. We spoke with Jane Henson, Dave Goelz (Gonzo and many others) Rollie Krewson, Bonnie Erickson, Jim Lewis and others.

More, the Henson writers and I co-wrote skits which I got to act in with Goelz and Krewson. It was geek heaven and an amazing journey into my childhood and the craft and genius of Jim Henson. I didn't know the movie was coming out when I started. That was a happy coincidence, but it was a wonderful one.

This has been a crazy twisting cobblestone road and I thank all of you who have strolled it with me.

Thanks.

Your friend,

Andrew

That's truly awesome, Burgold. I can't tell you how excited I am for you. Will it be available for viewing online somewhere?

I hope so. If they link it I will post it here and many other places. :)

Yup, I was a big fan of theirs. Clever, kind, and funny is a good combo.

It aired this Friday. Cool to see my name as "Host"

I haven't found a link yet. Will post it when I do.

I did actually. My eight year old nephew was in town for Thanksgiving and so we saw it yesterday. I'd say it was good/not great with some pretty funny moments.

Kermit didn't completely "sound" like Kermit, but how could he? I am not sure anyone could replace Jim Henson just the way I don't think anyone ever replaced Mel Blanc.

Still, I'm not sure a "great" Muppet movie is possible as their inherit badness is part of their charm. It's worth a see. You'll get your chuckles and the kid in you will love you for it.

Hey, ksrq just picked up the program and it will air in Minn.

As Kermit would say,

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

We're slowly making our way around the country!

Oddly enough, I caught that episode yesterday. Pretty funny.

Sadly not yet. WAMC lists on their program guide. I'm not sure if they link their specials or not. I sent an inquiry about that, but it looks like they don't.

I put this preview up on the website, but there are a lot of bells and whistles missing from it. I hope to be able to give you guys a full link, but I'm hesitant to put the full sucker up on my own site for fear that it would negate some of the reason for other stations to pick it up.

http://www.cobblestonepath.org/home

Actually, there is a sneaky way that y'all can listen to the whole program if you want to, but I can only tell you through a PM.

This just in... KZYX has picked up Cobblestones in California! That means that Cobblestones will have been heard on every coast! Woo hoo!

Well, since your name is BIG Mike I guess you can't be one of the littles. Therefore, I can afford to mention you without being sneered at by my fellow elite :silly:

I saw that

Can we all agree that FOX has jumped the shark? Now, this isn't the first time... they've also taken some swings at Sesame Street.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.