• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

CNN/SI: Haynesworth questions Redskins' desire after loss

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Haynesworth questions Redskins' desire after loss

LANDOVER, Md. (AP) -- His voice low, his words sharp, Albert Haynesworth questioned teammates' desire after his Washington Redskins' 27-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night.

"Urgency, heart, 'want-to,' whatever. I don't know. We're lacking a lot of stuff right now," the defensive tackle said.

Click Link above to read more...

Good. Somebody needs to. There are quite a few players mailing it in at this point (#30, I'm looking DIRECTLY at you), and we need a veteran to step up and say something. I wish it was more the behind closed-doors verbal thrashing, and not the soft-spoken, to the media type callout, but hey...maybe this will work.

I know one thing - Haynesworth has been earning his paycheck. Anyone who says he hasn't just isn't watching. Ask Andre Carter and his 6.5 sacks this year if Haynesworth is worth it.

Too bad the head cheerlearder won't call some slackers out, throw some chairs or something..........

Hell, I heard Sam Huff on the pregame show last night talking about what the Skins need to do, talking about crackin some heads on and off the field

Put him in the locker room

I wish it was more the behind closed-doors verbal thrashing, and not the soft-spoken, to the media type callout, but hey...maybe this will work.

well,
Haynesworth did try to do this behind closed doors.
I listened to the most recent SkinsCast ep. and Homer McFanboy (Brian Murphy) said after the Chiefs game, he was the first reporter down to the locker room.

The door was closed and there was a guy in there screaming loudly and cussing at the team and saying that the team needs to step up and that it's not just Jason or Zorn.

When Murphy approached players about it later, it was none other than Haynesworth doing the screaming.

Interesting. Next step, Blache needs to grow a pair and bench Landry. He is underperforming, taking bad angles, and just doesn't seem to care. Put him on the pine, for reals.

Good. Somebody needs to. There are quite a few players mailing it in at this point (#30, I'm looking DIRECTLY at you), and we need a veteran to step up and say something. I wish it was more the behind closed-doors verbal thrashing, and not the soft-spoken, to the media type callout, but hey...maybe this will work.

I know one thing - Haynesworth has been earning his paycheck. Anyone who says he hasn't just isn't watching. Ask Andre Carter and his 6.5 sacks this year if Haynesworth is worth it.

Agreed. However, I really think desire is just a minor problem. Fact for me is this. The Redskins (meaning Snyderrato) did a horrendous job building the offensive line and wide receivers. That in essence is what is strangling this team. The defense put the redskins in position to win many, many times last night, but the offense was too inept.

Not only were our starter on the OLine aging and already hobbled at season beginning (Samuels and Thomas) but what god-awful depth we had. I still say given the age and present injuries, the lack of quality depth, and the fact they had confidence in Heyer to start, it all rises to a serious case of front office malpractice.

And we haven't called Kendall or Runyan because.....................

Agreed. However, I really think desire is just a minor problem. Fact for me is this. The Redskins (meaning Snyderrato) did a horrendous job building the offensive line and wide receivers. That in essence is what is strangling this team. The defense put the redskins in position to win many, many times last night, but the offense was too inept.

Not only were our starter on the OLine aging and already hobbled at season beginning (Samuels and Thomas) but what god-awful depth we had. I still say given the age and present injuries, the lack of quality depth, and the fact they had confidence in Heyer to start, it all rises to a serious case of front office malpractice.

I can't argue the O Line depth but by all reports these days we have receivers running free and open in the secondary and Campbell is going to the check down. That is not an O Line depth issue and does not speak to a horrendous job of building the receiver corp. Hell, Thomas would have had a two TD game last night if Rabach had gotten off a good snap on that play from the shotgun late in the game. Davis showed he is the real deal. I can't help but wonder if with a QB who got the ball out faster we would not see Kelly with some impressive numbers too.

At this point, if we had a QB who could deliver on time, I would love to see a WR line up of Thomas at split end, Kelly at flanker and Moss in the slot. I can't help but think that line up would give most teams in this league fits if only the trigger man could hit guys on time and open some serious space for Portis in the running game.

The state of the O Line is deplorable. No question. Especially considering that it was identified as the #1 priority in the off season. Unfortunately, the situation has only gotten worse now with the injuries to Thomas and Samuels. One is forced to wonder if either will ever play again. If that is the case it will be tough to replace two starters (arguably the best two linemen on the team at that) and build any sort of quality depth in one season. More than likely impossible, in fact, in light of the fact that this team will probably be looking for a QB and Cornerbacks in the off season as well.

Last edited:
Albert is part of the problem. He came into camp out of shape and is still playing over his 335 weight last year in Tennessee. While Albert has indeed played hard when in the games, he has also removed himself 3 times due to twinges and dings that I cant' help but feel are related to his conditioning.

We need leaders that are as they were in Gibbs I. Guys that were in shape and 100% committed to playing for 16 weeks at a high level.

Too many of the veterans on this team have talent but don't bring it every week and don't play together in the scheme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.