• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Chris Russell twitter: Malcolm Kelly to go on IR..

authentic

The Rookie
Reaction score
Russellmania09
Malcolm will go on injured reserve #redskins

skinscast

Shanahan says kelly has a good work ethic, and that is why he is going to IR instead of being released

he needs surgery... to have chronic hamstring problems are rare. something is partially torn and not healing correctly on it's own. I read a article during the off season that support my "opinion"

Good move imho. A division rival could scoop him up and learn of the new system. He's relatively cheap in a non-cap year, so it makes a lot of sense. Plus it gives him one final chance.

What are the rules on trading someone on IR? Is it allowed? Can they play again if they are moved to another team?

Glad to see it. If this kid really has the potential we all hear about, a year off to get his health in order is a good thing. If, however, he comes in next off-season nursing something else, it is time to cut him loose immediately.

Capers may be moving to left guard - he practiced in that position today for the first time. Backup obviously.

RedskinsRT RT @Russellmania09: Hearing the #Redskins coaching staff really likes CB Ramzee Robinson and he is in a battle with Byron Westbrook for that final CB Spot. half a minute ago via web

Hall Davis was released. He lasted about twelve minutes or so. That's it - four released and one to IR.

Next cuts are coming Saturday.

Reed Doughty will be cut, his last game as a redskins is thursday. Good luck backing up for another team.

Who cares? Doughty is a great story, but pretty much irrelevant when it comes to football. And z0eboy is right - he makes bad plays more than he makes notable ones. Special teams prowess has saved him from the chopping block so far, but I'm not sure it will be enough with a new regime. His only hope is Danny Smith going to bat for him.

I dont mind seeing Kelly on the IR. The kid has issues with his legs... and well Legs are the second most important thing to a WR behind his hands. I was listening to Lavar and Dukes today and Lavar said some smart stuff. If they put him on IR, then it gives him a year to rehab, it gives the Redskins the ability to monitor his rehab. They HAVE to pay him anyways, and it also gives him a year to sit in on meetings and practices, learn the system and what the Shanny's are trying to bring here.

Special teams is the only thing that kept doughty from being cut. If you consider Doughty is cheap back up who plays special teams.

He started late in 2007 due to Sean Taylors death so dont think he worked hard for that.
Reeds' 2007 Stats - TCKL 41 SACKS 0.5 INT 0

He lost his starting job to Horton week 2 against saints.

Jim Zorn drafted 2 Saftey's that year to compete; Kareem Moore (we knew he was injured when we drafted him and made plans to get him ready if possible to be our FS) Chris Horton (depth pick but turned out to have a good rookie season but injury prone).

Reeds' 2008 stats - TCKL 18 SACK 0 INT 0

Chris Horton solidifies himself in 2009 but injuies set him back, later in season Kareem Moore emergies as true starter at FS. "As per redskins.com player bio... Horton emerged as a solid defender in his first two years in the league. In 2009, he played in eight games with five starts before a toe ligament injury sidelined him for the season."

Reeds' 2009 stats - TCKL 81 SACK 2 INT 1

Keep in mind his tackles are bloated with special team tackles... as far as impact on defense as a starter in the NFL... reed makes none.

I can live with Kelly going on IR, even though it's not my first choice.

I'm like everyone else. IR this year, get straightened out. If he acts or [erforms like anything less than a number 2 in camp next year :toilet:

good to hear that...you got tickets this year?

we gotta keep texting before and during the games..keep up tradition.

naw i had to give them up before last season... i cried like a little baby when i did it but i didnt have a choice.. finances and such... :(

We definitely will have to get up before the games.. i am goin to the game week 2 so i'll make sure i hit you up!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.