• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Chris Russell Resigns Over Jackson Signing

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
Per WTEM 980 Russell confined he has resigned. He had stated earlier that he would quit if the team signed DeSean Jackson.

If true, Chris Russell is either taking advantage of this as an excuse to quit ... or a straight up April fool.

Uh, he made those statements - zero chance this is true.

I would love it though, I cannot stand Chris Russell. Obnoxious bag of wind.

I'm convinced Czabe screws with him daily on the reports. Anyone that's listened to that show for a while probably knows what i'm talking about :)

Who exactly is Chris Russell and is this a bad thing? ;)

It's the best thing that could happen to local area fans that listen to ESPN 980.

Take the most obnoxious, opinionated person on the message board (that's probably me...) and then give them a mic and listen to them constantly every day make every question about him/herself.

That's Chris Russell.

This guy is an asshat. Great news.

maybe he could grab LaVar with him?

hah, i prefer lavar stay at 106.7. I hate that station now, so he can sink with them.

Maybe they'll rehire chris russell!

Maybe 980 will grab gran paulsen!!

That would be my dream scenario!

Is it shallow to say that I just have a deep hate of his voice? Nasally twat. I don't even know what his opinion on anything is, it could be that he's speaking a great deal of sense (although, from some of the above, that seems unlikely). Did they give him his own show? I literally listen to anything I can get my hands on in regards to Redskins-specific chat (slim pickings in these parts), but this guy is too much even for me.

Saying that, no chance he actually honours his promise to quit (a mindnumbingly stupid thing to do as a broadcaster anyway!). Dream on...

Russell I think got tripped up by making himself part of the news story. He boasted in air he would quit if the team made this move and he left himself little wiggle room.

I do think in broader strokes his time was coming to an end here and this was a convenient release valve.

Russell didn't like anything the Redskins did. If they signed free agents to big dollars he was critical. If the team made value signings he said these players weren't good enough to make a real difference. And he was always down on the draft picks. A few weeks ago he said the team needed to acquire another TE because Reed was a guy with chronic injury problems and couldn't be counted on.

He knows that after ONE season?

The one area he defended was the OL which was amusing considering everyone from Trevor Matich to Doc Walker to ESPN 980 to Dan Graziano made OL a priority upgrade.

....what a malcontent.

I actually listen to 790 the Ticket outta Miami. They aren't as myopic as radio 'round here.

Russell I think got tripped up by making himself part of the news story. He boasted in air he would quit if the team made this move and he left himself little wiggle room.

I do think in broader strokes his time was coming to an end here and this was a convenient release valve.

Russell didn't like anything the Redskins did. If they signed free agents to big dollars he was critical. If the team made value signings he said these players weren't good enough to make a real difference. And he was always down on the draft picks. A few weeks ago he said the team needed to acquire another TE because Reed was a guy with chronic injury problems and couldn't be counted on.

He knows that after ONE season?

The one area he defended was the OL which was amusing considering everyone from Trevor Matich to Doc Walker to ESPN 980 to Dan Graziano made OL a priority upgrade.

So has he really 100% definitely gone??? His guest appearances as the 'insider' on other shows were bordering on embarrassing when it was even hinted that we'd possibly, potentially, think about, considering letting Orakpo go. He shreiked like an old fish wife at the idea, to the point where it was obvious that his colleagues were cringing on his behalf.

Jackson signs and Russell goes on the same day??? Oh Washington, you're too good to us.

I highly doubt he is gone, I think it's a fun skit for them. They've been replaying his "I'll quit if they sign jackson" for a while, before the signing.

I wish it was true. Not only is he often wrong, but he's just dreadful to listen to...

@Russellmania980: Well I'm back..MT @ESPNRadio980: @ESPNRadio980 will not accept the @Russellmania980 resignation. Chris will return as #Redskins insider ASAP

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Whenever Russell comes on 980 and does a 1-2 hour gig during the season I take that as the cue to stop listening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.