• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cheating? Really?

CounterTrey

The Team Captain
Reaction score
I've read many accounts of Costa's world class copout and Romo's bush league follow up. There is an awful lot of debate going back and forth about the legality vs. the "everyone has been doing it for decades" take and to me it seems to all be missing one glaringly obvious point...

IIRC there is no snap count on shotgun snaps and most of those botched snaps were shotgun plays. So how exactly can a snap count -even if called out from the defense- impact a play that has no snap count? Furthermore, if this was happening throughout the game then why did no offensive linemen ever false start as a result?

I wouldn't put it past Shanahan necessarily but sorry this doesn't pass the sniff test for me. Am I wrong here?

The upside to this is it just adds fuel to the rivalry. I love hating that team! :)

Shanahan said something today that makes this even more laughable. Apparently the Centers are mic'ed so anything said near him will come out in the laundry.

I also can't see it. I mean I can imagine a ref missing it or ignoring it once, but six times? And you have to assume that Costa wasn't getting suckered every time... so, if Costa was right and the Redskins cheated... they would have had to have done it ten or twenty times with Romo screaming his head off and the refs and coaches ignoring it in game.

I don't buy it.

Bowen is pissed to. Said he lost a lot of respect for Costa in particular and the 'girls in general. Doesn't like being flasely accused, I guess.

Great point, CT! Costa clearly blew the silent count, and you could tell by Romo's reaction (EVERY TIME) that it was completely his fault. They are just trying to stir the pot by accusing the Redskins. Its okay, it will make it all that much sweeter when we blow them out at home in November.

They are just trying to stir the pot by accusing the Redskins. Its okay, it will make it all that much sweeter when we blow them out at home in November.
More likely just trying to cover for the young center, who obviously choked up under the bright lights.

Just another thing that made losing to them, that much more inexcusable.

Heard confirmation that the center's mike didn't pick up any calls by our DL.

Question is does a team in dome with retractable roof have to tell NFL and or visiting team if and when the roof would be opened? I remember just before the game ESPN said the Cowboys were going to open the roof an hour before the game. It was a hot night.

Did opening the roof cause Redskins players to slip early in game? I'm sure they tested the footing in warmups. Did it contribute to players cramping, like Orakpo?

I don't see this as cheating, personally. None of us know what is said at the line of scrimmage but I don't think they are philosophically discussing morality and it's applicability in professional sports.

If they get centers to fumble snaps with the consistency that "they got" Costa to do it, I'm all for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.