• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Change of Thought: Let Orakpo Go

I find it amusing fans will look at a draft list from Round 1 and try and evaluate a GM.

What you evaluate are on the field results.

While the Redskins have been flailing away on free agents and big name coaches Newsome built 2 Super Bowl teams with coaches named Bruan Billick and John Harbaugh.

Bobby Beathard only made THREE first round picks in 10 years. Art Monk, Mark May and Darrell Green.

He also traded away a 1st, to acquire a 2nd, to draft Tory Nixon.
He also traded another 1st, and a 10th, for a 2nd, to draft Walter Murray, who he traded for a 2nd.

I find it amusing fans will look at a draft list from Round 1 and try and evaluate a GM.

What you evaluate are on the field results.

While the Redskins have been flailing away on free agents and big name coaches Newsome built 2 Super Bowl teams with coaches named Bruan Billick and John Harbaugh.

Bobby Beathard only made THREE first round picks in 10 years. Art Monk, Mark May and Darrell Green.

Nobody was judging Ozzie Newsome based on his first round picks. I was using his first round picks as an example that they are not "can't miss" BECAUSE he's such a good GM.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Yeah, and he only did that because I brought it up and called first rounders 'can't miss'

Lanky showed a well respected GM misses in the first round.

I guess I'm out of element on that one and didn't bother to actually look up the track records. I don't think our last 10 years of first round draft picks were very good before Shanahan got here, and those were the only ones we actually hit on.

Yeah, and he only did that because I brought it up and called first rounders 'can't miss'

Lanky showed a well respected GM misses in the first round.

I guess I'm out of element on that one and didn't bother to actually look up the track records. I don't think our last 10 years of first round draft picks were very good before Shanahan got here, and those were the only ones we actually hit on.

Laron Landry, Sean Taylor, Brian Orakpo, Carlos Rogers, Chris Samuels, LaVar Arrington all came in the first round between 2000 and 2010.. if you go back to 99 you can add Champ Bailey to that mix... those are all repeat pro-bowlers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.