• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Chang offers a chance to join in and buy the team (or start a fan movement at least)

TomE

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Per WaPo Why David Chang wants to buy the Redskins
David Chang is easily one of the most influential restaurateurs in the business. His Momofuku restaurant group encompasses nine restaurants in three countries, and his New York space Momofuku Ko maintains two Michelin stars. He has brought his expertise to shows such as “Top Chef” and HBO’s “Treme.”

Chang is also a life-long Redskins fan, and team’s recent discord pushed him to make an interesting proposal on Twitter.

“I’m going to try and raise $6 billion on @kickstarter to buy @redskins from Dan Snyder,” he tweeted Monday night. “I’m serious…who’s coming with me?”
:happy:

So would Anthony Bourdain be the GM?

Unfortunately kickstarter doesn't allow campaigns like this (per the article), as well as the fact that fan-ownership like Green Bay has is not allowed in the NFL anymore. The Packers were grandfathered in, and the fan "ownership" really doesn't do much.

None of this will ever work. Only way to get Snyder out is to have the NFL take the team away.

Unless the circus continues (we'll see where we are this offseason with coaching/gm candidates) it wont happen.

He isn't just going to sell the team.

None of this will ever work. Only way to get Snyder out is to have the NFL take the team away.

Unless the circus continues (we'll see where we are this offseason with coaching/gm candidates) it wont happen.

He isn't just going to sell the team.

:furiously knocking on wood:

Unfortunately kickstarter doesn't allow campaigns like this (per the article), as well as the fact that fan-ownership like Green Bay has is not allowed in the NFL anymore. The Packers were grandfathered in, and the fan "ownership" really doesn't do much.

But Chang, who is still looking for a conduit to raise the money, says it isn’t about the dollars themselves but the message those dollars would send.
I doubt that many us expect this type of 'movement' to amount to anything more than a half a day's news cycle but the sentiment is certainly bountiful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.