• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

CBS: The Worst Coach In Football Right Now--Mike Shanahan

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
3. The worst coach in football right now isn't winless Tony Sparano or Jim Caldwell. It's Mike Shanahan. His reputation is all but destroyed. Here's why. After 22 games Jim Zorn, Joe Gibbs (in his second stint), and Steve Spurrier were all 10-13. Mike Shanahan is 9-14. Shanahan and his son's coaching of the quarterbacks has been putrid. Shanahan needs to remember the reputation of his owner. Danny Snyder will fire him quick, and not even lose a minute's sleep.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15959377/tenpoint-stance-hillis-cant-run-from-questions

Thoughts? This seems a little harsh to me. Bottom 5? Sure. Bottom 3? I can see argument, although I don't agree with it. But the absolute worst?

This is what worries me most right now. That the game may be passing him by. Joey Galloway, "Fast" Willie Parker and John Beck are serious red flags.

I believe he will get a chance to draft a QB next year. But I have to admit that I'm not very confident that he will pick the right one, or that his QB will work in the system.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Sparano is worse. A lot worse as a matter of fact. And as we are seeing, Jim Caldwell means nothing to that team, it's all Payton. Spags is on thin ice from what I've heard, etc.

Shanny's biggest problem is not reigning in his son. At this point in a lost season, he needs to make sure whatever Kyle does allows the growth of the WRs. Soooo, if he keeps throwing often, as long as Gaffney and Stallworth aren't on the field, I guess I'm OK with that. It will also give Helu a chance to practice blitx pickups.

Fans would be burning down FedEx if Sparano was here and doing what he's doing to Miami

patience my fellow BGOers. patience. and lots of alcohol. as we have lamented for the last 19 years: "This too shall pass."

I hope.

A few weeks ago, the press saw Coach Shanahan as a miracle worker at 2-0 and 3-1. A few weeks later, he took some drunk berries and became the worst. And he must've slipped some magic potion to players. It was the wrong formula and it put them on IR, PUP, and inactive lists.

Please. This is just another Giants fan who is upset about week one.

Coach Shanahan's task is to take the mess of John Boy Kent Cooke, Norvitis, Spurrierority, Vinnius Cerratus, Danny Meddler, and Zornful and turn it into a perennial winner. That's twenty years of destruction. It can't be overcome in fifteen short months.

I predicted 5-11 this year. The defense has definitely improved. The offense will receive attention this upcoming offseason. We're still two or three seasons away from being truly competitive. The rebuild is going in the right direction.

Last edited:
Jim Caldwell is definitely in the running. Peyton Manning doesn't play defense. But his team that won a Super Bowl a few years ago (and has essentially the same roster) is 100% garbage because one guy is hurt.

BGO: The Worst Blogger of Football Right Now -- Mike Freeman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.