• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

CBS Sports: With 22 teams starting minicamp Tuesday, questions for each abound

Califan007

The Rookie
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...ng-minicamp-tuesday-questions-for-each-abound

NFC East mentions:

Dallas Cowboys

Who's the third wide receiver? When the Cowboys were penalized $5 million in cap space this spring, it prevented them from re-signing Laurent Robinson, and that was a significant penalty. Not only was he productive -- producing 11 touchdowns last season -- he was someone Tony Romo trusted. Now that he's gone, tell me who replaces him? Kevin Ogletree? Please. He's the reason the Cowboys signed Robinson a year ago. The best bets are rookie Danny Coale and Andre Holmes, and both are reaches. You need three wideouts to play in this league, and, for the moment, the Cowboys don't have a third.

New York Giants

How secure are they at running back? Their running game ranked dead last in 2011, but it perked up in the playoffs, and it perked up because Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs started running to daylight. Jacobs is gone, Bradshaw is recovering from foot surgery and that could be a problem. The Giants go nowhere if they can't run, one reason they used their first draft pick on Virginia Tech's David Wilson. They also have D.J. Ware and Da'Rel Scott. But is that enough? Stay tuned.

Philadelphia Eagles

Is Demetress Bell the answer at left tackle? The Eagles are locked and loaded at virtually every position, but left tackle is the exception. All-Pro Jason Peters suffered a season-ending Achilles injury, then re-injured himself after an initial surgery, and if you're concerned about keeping Mike Vick upright -- and the Eagles should be -- yeah, that's a big deal. Bell replaced Peters in Buffalo and might have developed if he could stay healthy. But he couldn't, and people there tell me they'd be surprised if he holds up for a full season.

Washington Redskins

How do we rein in expectations for RG3? Answer: We don't. I just heard cornerback DeAngelo Hall say his new quarterback is "light years ahead" of Michael Vick when Vick was a rookie, and that only makes Redskins' fans wonder if they just landed the next Cam Newton or Andy Dalton. Me? I'm not sure. What I do know is that Washington needs a lot of help, and I don't see great skill-position players around RG3. Plus, there's this: Washington hasn't made the playoffs the past four years and is 11-21 under Mike Shanahan. Talk about pressure. It's all on RG3's shoulders.

Yeah. I'd say only about 95% of the pressure is on Griffin's shoulders. :)

i've never really understood the whole "all the pressure is on his shoulders" statements from the media when players like Griffin are drafted by not so good teams like the Redskins.

These guys have been playing under pressure since they were in high school. Griffin will either be good or he won't, but pressure will have very little to do with it.

i've never really understood the whole "all the pressure is on his shoulders" statements from the media when players like Griffin are drafted by not so good teams like the Redskins.

These guys have been playing under pressure since they were in high school. Griffin will either be good or he won't, but pressure will have very little to do with it.

yup! except for defensive pressure of course ... :) ... which our improved O-line is going to minimize this season (one hopes)

i've never really understood the whole "all the pressure is on his shoulders" statements

A little off-topic, but it reminded me a of a funny moment, where an announcer used a very poor choice of words to describe Aaron Rodgers feeling the pressure of a pass rush last year...."And Aaron Rodgers felt the penetration from his backside"

Ouch! I hate it when that happens...

Philly's biggest issue, though, is Vick's health...and, he's like delicate china.

That's a good point. He also has more pronounced hot and cold streaks than most QBs. And when he's cold ... it's not pretty.

That's a good point. He also has more pronounced hot and cold streaks than most QBs. And when he's cold ... it's not pretty.
SO damn true lol...I keep thinking Vick had a momentary resurgence, but that's it. Relying on him to get you anything will only end in disappointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.