• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

CBS Sportline poll

Henry

I drink and I know things
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Did anyone see this?

Which team will most likely have a new starting QB next season?

Dolphins
Jets
Colts
Broncos
Browns

I wonder why we aren't up there? Is it because it's a given? :)

Yeah, I think ours is pretty much set in stone. The rest of them are somewhat provocative, ie, will they replace Football Jesus? Will Manning be a Colt? Either provocative or no one cares, anyway (see: Browns).

Ours is pretty much a given, I think. At least in most peoples minds.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Interesting to see the Browns up there. It's NOT a given they are replacing their QB?

On a side, but related note:

In no way do I believe Rex is the future of this team, but that being said, I do feel a little bad for him for one reason. I recently saw an article claiming that Shanahan has already evaluated 10-15 college QBs. I understand it's a rough business, but that has to suck to read if you are Rex.

Interesting to see the Browns up there. It's NOT a given they are replacing their QB?

No, I think they are in a similar situation as we are, but with a much younger QB. They also have a LOT of holes to fill, but we know our QB has no upside. It think there is a chance that Holmgren et all could convince themselves to keep rebuilding with McCoy and fill other holes while they prep for a rookie in 2013.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

In no way do I believe Rex is the future of this team, but that being said, I do feel a little bad for him for one reason. I recently saw an article claiming that Shanahan has already evaluated 10-15 college QBs. I understand it's a rough business, but that has to suck to read if you are Rex.

I think I disagree. Rex has to be honest enough in his self-evaluation to know that the team must consider alternatives. The coach's candor is actually a good thing for him.

If Shanny was filling him up with bull and then blindsided him, then that would have been wrong. In some respects, that's why I sympathize with Jason Campbell. Campbell kept being told he was "the guy" up until the day the kept trading or aquiring someone else.

Now that's frustrating, esp. as we saw before he broke his collarbone... Campbell can be an effective qb in this league and the talent he had around him was a large part of his struggles... esp. on the o line.

My bet: Mark Sanchez will stay. He needs a better OC. Brian Schottenheimer will go.

I though Moore played well for Miami.

Play better. That's all there is to it. We either move on or we put three new plays in the playbook called turnover 1, turnover 2 and turnover 3

Turnover 1 - Have the center hike you the ball and then just drop it on the ground. This play should be called inside our own 20

Turnover 2 - Otherwise known as Sexy Rexy 2. "Is that Moss triple covered? **** it, I'm going deep" This play should be called only after Royster runs us inside the opponents 50.

Turnover 3 - Line up in a shotgun, spread pass formation, but don't send anyone out. Just throw the ball to someone on the other team. This should be called in our first series, just to get the first interception out of the way.

Play better, and you won't have your coach saying he's looking for your replacement

Play better. That's all there is to it. We either move on or we put three new plays in the playbook called turnover 1, turnover 2 and turnover 3

:rotflmao: Add in the swinging gate, and we will be a powerhouse.

My bet: Mark Sanchez will stay. He needs a better OC. Brian Schottenheimer will go.

I though Moore played well for Miami.

They were suggesting on one of the Screaming Matches on ESPN today that Schottenheimer was auditioning for the Head Coaching job yesterday and didn't have such a good audition. :laugh:

The interesting part is they still think he has a shot at one of the other HC jobs out there. I just can't see how, the Jets offense was not good! His scheme is as vanilla as his dad's was...10 years ago. And that's a fact! :betterwink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.