• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Carson Wentz - Snap Count Tracker

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Inspired by Om, figure this may actually deserve its own thread at this point.. along with a new thread for some further discussion.... I'll do my best to remember to update this post after each game

1670463602650.png

Updated 12/7

Last edited:
Killer.

Thanks Derek. I just assumed that info was already out there somewhere.

The draft picks given up for Wentz are a disgrace considering his age, injury history and uneven performances going back several years.

We could end up giving up MORE for Wentz than the Colts did to acquire him 2 years ago when he was 27.

And the truth is the Colts were screwed with Wentz on the roster at $28M for 2022. Without moving his salary off the books there was no way Indy could go out and sign or trade for another veteran quarterback.

We should have had this trade down to ONE #3 pick as the price if we were going to take on ALL of that contract realizing how limited the Colts were.

This was just an example of the lack of relative 'value' in the deals this organization continues to make.

What do we have now? A starter in Wentz that is at best a marginally better player with everything else going our way than the backup we signed for $3M.

What a waste.

Along with Carolina and Cleveland and perhaps the Jets, Washington has been absolutely abysmal in addressing the quarterback position going back years.

We gave up more than the Colts did to acquire John Elway in the deal to move up for RGIII. How in the hell can that be allowed to happen?

TWICE Andy Reid has been able to use Washington as a convenient dumping ground for an aging quarterback that wants a new contract - Donovan McNabb at 34 and Alex Smith at 35 - AND get darn good compensation for them as well.

And turning down trade compensation in 2016 and 2017 for Kirk Cousins was perhaps the move NOBODY else would have made.

Not even the Jets.

Last edited:
The draft picks given up for Wentz are a disgrace considering his age, injury history and uneven performances going back several years.

We could end up giving up MORE for Wentz than the Colts did to acquire him 2 years ago when he was 27.

And the truth is the Colts were screwed with Wentz on the roster at $28M for 2022. Without moving his salary off the books there was no way Indy could go out and sign or trade for another veteran quarterback.

We should have had this trade down to ONE #3 pick as the price if we were going to take on ALL of that contract realizing how limited the Colts were.

This was just an example of the lack of relative 'value' in the deals this organization continues to make.

What do we have now? A starter in Wentz that is at best a marginally better player with everything else going our way than the backup we signed for $3M.

What a waste.

Along with Carolina and Cleveland and perhaps the Jets, Washington has been absolutely abysmal in addressing the quarterback position going back years.

We gave up more than the Colts did to acquire John Elway in the deal to move up for RGIII. How in the hell can that be allowed to happen?

TWICE Andy Reid has been able to use Washington as a convenient dumping ground for an aging quarterback that wants a new contract - Donovan McNabb at 34 and Alex Smith at 35 - AND get darn good compensation for them as well.

And turning down trade compensation in 2016 and 2017 for Kirk Cousins was perhaps the move NOBODY else would have made.

Not even the Jets.

I agree with most of this. One correction though. Even if we give up a 2nd round pick back to the Colts, it won't be more than the Colts gave the Eagles. The Colts gave a 1st and a 3rd. The 1st was the 16th pick, which eventually made it back to Washington to take Dotson. So while the trade turns out to be a dud, it won't be more than the Colts gave up to get him.

OP updated

Also added "Season Snaps Left (Avg)" which is exactly what it sounds like. If we maintain our average across the remainder of the games, that's how many snaps are left in the regular season.

I think we've pretty much ruled out Wentz getting to 70% of the snaps, but figured I'd still update it... just in case.

It seems clear coming out of 2022 that Washington needs to rebuild its offensive line.

Outside of Sam Cosmi we haven't really invested much in terms of draft picks or free agent capital in the OL the past couple of years under Rivera.

Leno Jr is 31, Lucas is 31, Schweitzer is 30, Turner is 32.

You could make the argument we bring Chase Rouillier and Cosmi back and have to find THREE new starters on the OL for 2023.

I would use the money from the Wentz $28M slot to try and push to sign a LT in the offseason.

I think we need to be in on one of the younger quarterbacks coming out as 2023 is shaping up to be a very good draft class with some depth at the position.

Unlike 2019 when Jones and Haskins were both over-drafted by general agreement around the league.

It seems clear coming out of 2022 that Washington needs to rebuild its offensive line.

Outside of Sam Cosmi we haven't really invested much in terms of draft picks or free agent capital in the OL the past couple of years under Rivera.

Leno Jr is 31, Lucas is 31, Schweitzer is 30, Turner is 32.

You could make the argument we bring Chase Rouillier and Cosmi back and have to find THREE new starters on the OL for 2023.

I would use the money from the Wentz $28M slot to try and push to sign a LT in the offseason.

I think we need to be in on one of the younger quarterbacks coming out as 2023 is shaping up to be a very good draft class with some depth at the position.

Unlike 2019 when Jones and Haskins were both over-drafted by general agreement around the league.

Leno just signed an extension, so I'd imagine he's locked in for at least 2023 (though there is room for savings if he was to be released), unless you're suggesting move him to RT and move Cosmi inside to RG. It's possible I guess, but it'll delay the development off Cosmi in the long run.

I think we could actually be fine with Leno, while he's had his moments, I believe he's been our top rated blocker of the current players. I think we need to focus at OG. We need to get young and angry. Quienton Nelson type... dare I say, healthy Brandon Scherff type (not criticising letting him go because I think he got over-paid).

I also think we expose them more than necessary trying to spread out the defense at times. We saw what having TEs in to block can do against Philly.. and at times against Houston. Schematically we can help that situation a lot instead of leaving guys like Leno on an island ALL the time.

Yeah, I don't think we change out 3 guys on the OL at once either but I do think we need to invest draft capital there, and not just one pick either.

Honestly, I'd like to see a couple of picks, one of them in the first 4 rounds, on OL.

Roullier has ended two straight seasons on IR now. Honestly, while I love the guy, I'm starting to question his durability.

Cosmi hasn't exactly been Jon Jansen in the health department at RT either.

Sadly, Leno's position might be the only one that ISN'T suspect at this point.

That's one of the reasons NOT having Wentz on the field to give Indy that #2 pick in 2023 is so critical.

We need that pick to select a potential immediate contributor on the team and right now OG is a prime spot to think about taking that player.

I would think we are already past the point where Wentz can achieve that threshold …

If Heinicke plays one more game at the team’s average of 67 ppg, even if Wentz played the remaining 5 games at the team’s average ppg Wentz would only reach 63.6%.

Do playoff games count?

I don’t know but that’s a good question

All I have seen is that the 2nd rounder is triggered if he plays 70% of snaps. I guess that means for all team games played. 🤷🏻‍♂️

All I have seen is that the 2nd rounder is triggered if he plays 70% of snaps. I guess that means for all team games played.

I dont know, you bring up an interesting point

Of course the question remains - if Wentz does get back out on the field at some point due to injury does Washington continue to win and make the playoffs? 😆

The Wentz problem in the first place was a lack of leadership an uneven play.

That’s a question whether Wentz returns or not, isn’t it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.