• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Carriker could miss rest of season - torn quad

really?

because first I'd put fletcher, then i'd put kerrigan. then i'd put josh wilson.

after that it's a toss up between cofield/bowen/carriker. one or two ofthem could be next on the list, i haven't really decided.

then it'd be a toss up between riley and orakpo for me.

the way gomes and williams have been playing, as 3rd and 4th string guys, they deserve some consideration as well.

So i have him competing for the 4th/5th spot against Riley. I'm not even convinced Williams and Gomes don't belong in the same conversation.
Thats far away from 2nd best, and really far away from 'not even that close'.

Obviously it's subjective. But you and I clearly have two different views on who is doing what for our defense.

orakpo has had one move in 3 years, and thats yelling about holding every ****ing play. he hasn't played as well as majority of the redskins fans act like he has. he may be good, just hasn't figured it all out yet and shown it on the field.

teams run right at orakpo because they know they can. they don't run at kerrigan or fletcher... you ever realize that?

Its definitely subjective, but to say Orakpo is on the same level as Perry Riley is a bit ridiculous. Did you watch the game last week?

Mike Shanahan: Hi Andre. I'd like you to stop by tomorrow.
Andre Carter: Sorry Coach, I have no time to socialize. I'm looking for a job.
MS: That is what I want to talk about - if you're interested.
AC: I'll be there tonight!

This..........

Its definitely subjective, but to say Orakpo is on the same level as Perry Riley is a bit ridiculous. Did you watch the game last week?

Yeah, I did. Did you? You have him #2 and not even close? How can you put orakpo above fletcher, kerrigan, and josh wilson?

Riley had 1 more tackle and 1 less passes defended last year than orakpo - orakpo started all 16 games, riley started only 8.

Orakpo had 3 forced fumbles and 9 sacks last year, riley had 1 sack and 0 forced fumbles.

This year Riley has 10 tackles to orakpos 5, the both have a forced fumble, and orakpo has 3 passes defended to riley's 1. Orakpo has 1 sack, riley 0.

if he is better (whcih he should be, he should be significantly better) is it really by that much? i'd argue no, and that's a problem.

To do what?

He's too little to play end in the 3-4.
And he sucks as a 3-4 linebacker.

Hey, I loved the guy. But when we went 3-4 we cut his nuts off. He's no good to us now. Unless we're planning a switch back to the 4-3.

Yeah, I did. Did you? You have him #2 and not even close? How can you put orakpo above fletcher, kerrigan, and josh wilson?

Riley had 1 more tackle and 1 less passes defended last year than orakpo - orakpo started all 16 games, riley started only 8.

Orakpo had 3 forced fumbles and 9 sacks last year, riley had 1 sack and 0 forced fumbles.

This year Riley has 10 tackles to orakpos 5, the both have a forced fumble, and orakpo has 3 passes defended to riley's 1. Orakpo has 1 sack, riley 0.

if he is better (whcih he should be, he should be significantly better) is it really by that much? i'd argue no, and that's a problem.

Well, its clear we have much different opinions, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. Stats are one thing, effect on the field is another altogether. Landry put up huge tackle numbers at safety, would you count him among the league's best? Didn't think so.

Also, just as a prediction, Rob Jackson and/or Chris Wilson will have some big sack numbers early. This will be because the double-team focus will now be on Kerrigan. This does not mean they are better players. ;)

Josh Wilson? Really? Wow, t. Can't believe anyone would put any player in our secondary above Orakpo, and I'm kind of floored.

I would take AC back in a millisecond.

Josh Wilson? Really? Wow, t. Can't believe anyone would put any player in our secondary above Orakpo, and I'm kind of floored.
Yeah... are you paying attention to the games? His guy doesn't get the ball at all.

He's also the one that chased down a breakaway runner from the toher side of the field yesterday while the rest of the team just waved at him.

He's an actual cover corner. We need another one of him. I'd give up Hall in a heartbeat for another Wilson.

Landry put up huge tackle numbers at safety, would you count him among the league's best? Didn't think so.
Uh, for a while there yeah... I would. Just 3 years ago he was in the running for defensive MVP of the year; until he hurt himself. He never rebounded from those injuries.

He had some mental issues that didn't start to show up until his injuries allowed them to. Well I wouldn't say they didn't start to show up until them, but more they didn't hamper his performance until after the injuries.

I'm not claiming he's top now. But he used to be in the conversation, which is pretty good.

To do what?

He's too little to play end in the 3-4.
And he sucks as a 3-4 linebacker.

Hey, I loved the guy. But when we went 3-4 we cut his nuts off. He's no good to us now. Unless we're planning a switch back to the 4-3.

Perfect week to ditch Haslett and go back to a 4-3, in that case. Not like the D could be any worse.

Nick

Yeah... are you paying attention to the games? His guy doesn't get the ball at all.

His guy? They played zone for the majority of the game. Scratch that - they TRIED to play zone for the majority of the game. No need to throw Wilson's direction when there's always a wide-open guy.

He's an actual cover corner. We need another one of him. I'd give up Hall in a heartbeat for another Wilson.

Uh, nobody mentioned D Hall. Our secondary is all pretty bad. Josh Wilson is a solid cover corner, never denied that. But he's not a guy who will lock down the opposition's top WR threat, he's a complimentary guy. This is why we play a lot of zone, because we don't have that guy who can lock down the other team's top WR. The Jets, meanwhile, play a lot of man-to-man because they have Revis.

Uh, for a while there yeah... I would. Just 3 years ago he was in the running for defensive MVP of the year; until he hurt himself. He never rebounded from those injuries.

He had some mental issues that didn't start to show up until his injuries allowed them to. Well I wouldn't say they didn't start to show up until them, but more they didn't hamper his performance until after the injuries.

Oh wow. Landry never had a shot at defensive MVP.

Its cool, you're a stats guy. And that's fine. Its just not the whole story.

via @granthpaulsen:

Redskins sack leaders since start of '09 season: Brian Orakpo 29.5, Andre Carter 13.5, Ryan Kerrigan 8.5, Adam Carriker 7, Stephen Bowen 7.

You have the blinders on for the sake of argument. Before he got hurt, he was on track for an easy probowl selection, and yes, defensive MVP. There was hardly a Skins fan, and many media outlets that weren't talking about Landry at that time.

Dude, Haslett and Shanahan's first year here Landry was the leader for Defensive MVP league wide when he got hurt. He was being mentioned in the same breath with the best safeties in the league, guys like Palomalu and Reed. He had sacks, forced fumbles, interceptions and a monster number of tackles.

You have the blinders on for the sake of argument. Before he got hurt, he was on track for an easy probowl selection, and yes, defensive MVP. There was hardly a Skins fan, and many media outlets that weren't talking about Landry at that time.

Miles is right on the money.

His guy? They played zone for the majority of the game. Scratch that - they TRIED to play zone for the majority of the game. No need to throw Wilson's direction when there's always a wide-open guy.
What are you talking about? Yeah, they didn't throw wilsons way, becomes people were open elsewhere on the field, not around wilson. Thats my entire point...

Uh, nobody mentioned D Hall. Our secondary is all pretty bad. Josh Wilson is a solid cover corner, never denied that. But he's not a guy who will lock down the opposition's top WR threat, he's a complimentary guy. This is why we play a lot of zone, because we don't have that guy who can lock down the other team's top WR. The Jets, meanwhile, play a lot of man-to-man because they have Revis.
I know no one mentioned Hall. I mentioned him.

I said wilson's a good cover corner. Thats all I said.

He does a better job at doing his job than Orakpo has done at doing his job since his rookie year (he had a good rookie year).

Its cool, you're a stats guy. And that's fine. Its just not the whole story.

Yes he did. According to everyone who watched him play that season 3 years ago.

I'm not a stats guy, I'm a watch the game guy. You clearly haven't been watching the games, and missed the entire first half of the season 3 years ago. (just a jab lanky :) we obviously just disagree here)

Orakpo's numbers have been pedestrian since his rookie year, as has his general play. Redskins nation is completely blind to it. Week one of this season he did great in pass D and I had hoped he had turned the corner.

I'm not going out on a limb for the guy on one game though. It's unfortunate he didn't have 16 games this season to prove he had improved his game.

Alright, I'm done with this argument. I suppose we'll see what Orakpo's affect on the D is once he's gone. I am going to predict we will miss him dearly.

Forget Landry. He wasted 2 years of our time chasing the globe for a cure for his achilles problems while being on IR or the inactive list soaking up dollars.

He is in the right place now with the Jets, a team full of guys that think they are the best.

Just ask them :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Alright, I'm done with this argument. I suppose we'll see what Orakpo's affect on the D is once he's gone. I am going to predict we will miss him dearly.
And you very well may be right. :)

Forget Landry. He wasted 2 years of our time chasing the globe for a cure for his achilles problems while being on IR or the inactive list soaking up dollars.

He is in the right place now with the Jets, a team full of guys that think they are the best.

Just ask them :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.