• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Can RG3 Be The Exception? Why Don't Big 12 QBs Succeed In The NFL?

Before John Elway, the idea of a big time QB coming from Stanford would have been something of a joke, too. Now with any Luck it's a hotbed. :)
I see what you did there! :antlers:

Last edited:
Before John Elway, the idea of a big time QB coming from Stanford would have been something of a joke, too. Now with any Luck it's a hotbed. :)

I realize this is an old post, but I feel obliged to point out that before Elway Jim Plunkett won the Heisman at Stanford and was drafted with the first overall pick, so perhaps Stanford wasn't the best example. :)

I was hoping the statue of limitations on that post had run. :cool:

You are correct sir. It was premature proclomation on my part.

I hate the Big 12 argument, trends mean nothing as far as predicting success. They're cute little numbers we can point to, but they don't make or break a career. Ever.

Look at T.O., who will be in the HOF one day. I bet there's never been another HOF player that came out of the Southern Conference. Or starter for that matter. I'd even go a step further and say it wouldn't surprise me if he was the only player in the history of The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga to ever make it to the NFL.

Where a player went means nothing. Have you ever heard why he chose Baylor? I haven't, but it could be something as simple s family history. Or going to a school that would garner him more attention by not being competing with media darlings every week.

Where a player went means nothing. Have you ever heard why he chose Baylor? I haven't, but it could be something as simple s family history. Or going to a school that would garner him more attention by not being competing with media darlings every week.

Griffin didn't choose Baylor, he chose Art Briles who was the coach at Houston at the time. Briles left Houston to go to Baylor and Griffin switched his commitment to Baylor to stay with the coach he had committed to.

Griffin didn't choose Baylor, he chose Art Briles who was the coach at Houston at the time. Briles left Houston to go to Baylor and Griffin switched his commitment to Baylor to stay with the coach he had committed to.

Well it's a good thing that Art Briles did not go on to become QB coach of the Colts, after the 2011 season :)

I'm not trying to upset anyone, but with everyone's input, this thread was interesting.

Troy Aikman played a season at Oklahoma before transferring to UCLA

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

His rookie year didn't make his career, neither did this year.

I think it's just a tad bit early to try and determine whether he's succeeded or not, much less thump your chest about your early predictions.

Let's talk in 5 years.

Oh and with the recent success of the sec, anf their high flying, pro-style offenses, the big 12 wont get as many big arms

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

I don't follow college at all so I can't really comment on any of this. I am wondering, however, which conferences produce the most 'successful' NFL QBs, and at what rate they do so. There arw literally thousands of schools, and only 32 starting spots in the NFL. So which conferences, or divisions or whatever ... which ones churn out the NFL-ready QBs?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.