• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Calling all Baylor Fans...

welcome to the forum.

it'll be nice to have some new faces. i haven't met a person yet that's not extremely excited to see griffin play.

i'm already getting asked if i'm 'willing' to sell my preseason tickets :laugh:

Thanks for the warm welcome! Proud Baylor alum here, and excited to jump on the Redskins bandwagon! I echo the sentiment of BUWolverine in that I'm thrilled to see our guy end up in Washington, if for no other reason than it seems like you guys are THRILLED to have him! Sic 'em, Bears & HTTR!

Another Baylor Alum here just dropping in to show support for our QB. It's tough to lose him but will back him throughout his successful career. Growing up as a Cowboys fan, it will be a real crisis when the Cowboys and Redskins meet. I can't imagine pulling against RGIII. You guys are really really lucky to land him!! He is something super special to say the least...

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here.

Somebody get Smoak over here! :)

Another Baylor Alum here just dropping in to show support for our QB. It's tough to lose him but will back him throughout his successful career. Growing up as a Cowboys fan, it will be a real crisis when the Cowboys and Redskins meet. I can't imagine pulling against RGIII. You guys are really really lucky to land him!! He is something super special to say the least...

Welcome to BGO :cheers:

I imagine there will be a lot of hand-wringing and angst for Dallas fans this year. I kind of love it :)

Baylor Alum and lifelong Cowboys fan here. I gotta say that I NEVER thought, in my 42 years of life, that I would EVER root for the Redskins, but RG3 is just that kind of person. He can unite the enemy. I am beyond pumped to watch him succeed at the next level. I guess that has to mean I want the 'Skins to succeed (Wow! That hurt a little!). Treat him right...it should be easy!

Welcome aboard guys!

I have to say you guys are a very admirable crop of dudes! I know that there is no player that ever attended Florida State that could make me root for the Cowboys! :laugh:

Again, glad to have you guys around! This will be a very interesting season!

The highlights ESPN chose following the pick were such BS... All they talk about are the 30 bubble screens in 13 games and ignore the fact that Griffin led the nation in completion percentage in throws over 25 yards...

dum, dum, dum, dum, dum...

I think someone's been telling Chucky that he's 'too positive' - I've heard more criticism from him tonight than in all the other times I've ever listened to him combined. Although, I will say, when he was talking about all the bubble screens, it sounded to me like he was saying RG3 can't be stopped, that when you decide to shut down the screens - he'll just burn you deep.

It's inevitable that now folks will want to start poking holes in his game. The sports media loves to build guys up, and then try and take them down again. We'll see soon enough how Griffin's game measures up in the NFL. Hell - the Shanahans actually made Rex Grossman look effective at times the past couple of years. I can't wait to see what they can do with someone like Griffin :)

The highlights ESPN chose following the pick were such BS... All they talk about are the 30 bubble screens in 13 games and ignore the fact that Griffin led the nation in completion percentage in throws over 25 yards...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Redskins media coverage. They LOVE to find the negative aspects of everything, especially BSPN and the Washington Post. Its sad, really.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Redskins media coverage. They LOVE to find the negative aspects of everything, especially BSPN and the Washington Post. Its sad, really.

Winning will turn them around...or they will shut the f*&^ up

Yeah, I was yelling at the TV both times they showed that crap. Even if he threw 30 bubble screens, aren't the 372 other passes he attempted much more important? How about the 786 additional yards on 2 less attempts when compared to Andrew Luck? How about the 4 less INTs he threw as well? What about the higher completion percentage while doing all of the above?

Rant over...my wife didn't appreciate the first (and 2nd) round of yelling, I figured the stats would put her over the edge.

RG3 Audio with David Smoak of ESPN Central Texas - immediately after he was drafted.

[media]http://www.1660espn.com/includes/news_items/6/10081/rg3postpick.mp3[/media]

Welcome to BGO :cheers:

I imagine there will be a lot of hand-wringing and angst for Dallas fans this year. I kind of love it :)

It's certainly a difficult situation for a lifetime Cowboys fan when one of our own (Baylor) is the new franchise QB for the Redskins. It's hard to imagine pulling against OUR guy.

Damn, the magnitude is starting to set in... I can see me flying from Switzerland to DC to watch RGIII play. I'll just be decked out in BU colors and hope to be accepted.

Damn, the magnitude is starting to set in... I can see me flying from Switzerland to DC to watch RGIII play. I'll just be decked out in BU colors and hope to be accepted.

Fans would love to see you in BU colors. You'd be a big hit at a game.

oh yeah, plenty of people sport players college jerseys and gear at the stadium.

We are now not only RG3 fans, but now in some way or another REDSKIN fans.

HTTR!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.