• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cake or Death?: The Drive

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Something's happening here. And what it is, is EXACTLY clear. To me, anyways. Since the Saints game, I have been patiently telling myself...

More...

It was such a weird feeling in the second half. Even though we were behind everyone was yelling 'RUN IT DOWN THEIR THROATS' and they did.

I've never typed pound the rock as much as I did in the game chat yesterday, that was smash mouth football, makes me giddy.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I've never typed pound the rock as much as I did in the game chat yesterday, that was smash mouth football, makes me giddy.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yes, yes it does! It was amazing seeing them commit to pounding the rock and STICK WITH IT. So awesome!

Yes, yes it does! It was amazing seeing them commit to pounding the rock and STICK WITH IT. So awesome!

Yes.

And you know what that opens up? A 4th quarter drive with the lead when you need to burn the clock and move the chains Griffin was able to hit Garcon for 17 yards because the Giants were desperately trying to stop the running game they couldn't stop...

If only we could open up that way.

You and I have butted heads on Kyle Shanahan quite a bit - I definitely think he's a good O Coordinator and definitely want him back. But you're right that his play calling is suspect. It was nice to see him stick to the run in the 4th quarter with a 1 point lead.

It was even nicer to see it work...

Nice work, Goal. I'm blogging it. :)

It was such a weird feeling in the second half. Even though we were behind everyone was yelling 'RUN IT DOWN THEIR THROATS' and they did.

We were doing the same thing in chat. Neo kept popping up Morris's halftime stats, they couldn't stop him all game. Once he fumbled, he was like a man possessed.

I love watching the offense. Did anyone notice the facial expressions on the Giants players on defense? They looked like a team defeated early in the 4th quarter. That pistol formation seems to be tailor made for our offense. Garcon's presence in the game is evident even when the play goes to the other side of the field. The Wr's in general have done a pretty good job the last 3 games.

I would agree Cycleans but add a slight caveat. Paulsen needs to go buy some of those Charger Stickum gloves or something...ya just CAN'T drop the balls he does.

Yeah there are a few drops here and there. I can live with that unlike the Steeler and Panther games. Way too many Drops in those 2 games.

No WR drops allowed

I can't live with any wide receiver drops if the ball is placed in the right place. These are supposed to be pro receivers. They have gotten much better at catching the ball since the Carolina game. Will need to keep it up.:behead:

Like I said in chat last night - this was the most impressive drive of the season thus far.

Now to add...

The most important thus far too. If we make the playoffs, this drive could be the focal point of the turnaround.

Cranky old white guys aren't supposed to be giddy like teenyboppers at a Justin Bieber show, but dammit I am. The presence of mind and composure shown by Griffin and the coaching staff to take it to the Giants, turning their first half plan back on them and keeping Manning on the sidelines was masterful. You can't be a one trick pony in this league no matter how good your one trick is, this team is more than just RGIII and can match up with anyone out there. I still don't know if I am willing to let myself dream about a serious playoff run but what if? Not just getting in but doing it well, NFCCG? Beyond? Hell, I bought PowerBall tickets to dream with a lot less to hope for than this.

Well said Dave. That's pretty much where I am. Self preservation is important, but I'm starting to let go...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.