• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

C-A-P-S

And the rebuild continues, it was due but still sucks. Gotta hit on the draft.

Quicky aging and far too slow team. Should have started earlier tbh.

I agree. One of my biggest beefs the last 2 years is the refusal to play the younger players. One example, and I've loved what the guy did for this team, but they trade for and then resign a guy like Johannsson, when they could have been playing younger guys to see how they develop. It's not that those younger guys are better, it's just at this point in his career, Johannsson is what he is. He isn't getting better and won't deliver anything more. So you can playing the older guys or you can play the younger guys to see how they develop. Laviolette chose to play the older veterans instead. Maybe all those young guys suck and won't ever develop, but we may never know. Meanwhile, they trade Burakovsky a few years ago who blossoms in Colorado and kept some of these same veterans they are trading now. Just a lot of bad decisions the last couple of years.

Yeah. All those newly acquired draft picks won’t mean a damn thing if they never let them play and develop.

This was long over-due...

imho it truly makes you appreciate how relevant we've been over the last 15 years. Barring a crazy couple weeks, this will be only the 2nd time in that period we missed the playoffs.

btw... the Forsberg trade may go down as one of hte worst in history.

Finally some good news on this bummer of a season.

Maybe they can re-hire the guy who took them to a Stanley Cup win :)

He is now the GM of the Nashville Predators. But, I get the sentiment. Colossal error not retaining him.

Never understood that one - like he had nothing to do with that season...

Trotsky wanted 5 years and personnel control, and big money and the team knew this window was closing. The fact we waited this long to trade assets for youth is still mind boggling

I’m just a casual fan, but guy wins the Stanley Cup I would think you give him whatever the **** he wants :) We’ve now seen what not giving him everything he wants gets. But again, I’m not knowledgeable about the Caps like you guys so maybe it was more complicated than that.

Trotsky wanted 5 years and personnel control, and big money and the team knew this window was closing. The fact we waited this long to trade assets for youth is still mind boggling

Yeah, the team has been old and slow for too long. The team’s absolute disastrous record in OT games alone highlights it.

Not sure it matters with the roster as it sits at the moment

I like this guy. He's already got a history with a number of young players in the organization, a bunch of which are currently playing for a Calder Cup. Additionally a bunch of those guys had NHL experience this past season because of injuries. Not to mention the first time we're picking in the top 10 in forever.. Could be a quick turn around depending on what Backstrom does.

It's going to be a long season if in the first few games is to remain (obviously way early in the season). Sloppy play, no fire but at least Ovi got on the board last night. I hate to say it but the sooner he breaks the record the better because there's a a lot of work to be done on this roster if we're going to compete in the upcoming years.

A sad general question? Anyone else worried by Ovi’s start to the season? 4 goals in 13 games (2 of the empty net variety). I sure hope he catches a gear because I don’t want to watch a slow and painful run to the record.

A sad general question? Anyone else worried by Ovi’s start to the season? 4 goals in 13 games (2 of the empty net variety). I sure hope he catches a gear because I don’t want to watch a slow and painful run to the record.
I think OVI is done. He wont break the record. He looks slow, old and like he really doesn't want to play. If he keeps up like this my guess is he retires in the offseason.

While age catches up to us all, some of his struggles are this team just isn't very good, in fact, not good and with diminishing speed etc. it doesn't bode well for him. However, I put nothing past Ovi though, one hot streak and the discussion changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.