• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

Keenum not practicing today, back in a boot. McCoy and Haskins reportedly both getting reps.

So we've got a guy who hasn't played in 6 weeks, and a rookie who looked unprepared last week, and you decide to split reps? Before a NE game?

You're a damn genius Jay - that's all I have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gruden is gonna rub everybody's nose in it after Colt gets the win this Sunday.

Book it.

Yeah, Colt hasn't won a game since 2014 😆😆😆

The fact he has not been a participant in any meaningful team activities since last season and would be coming in cold against the best defense in the AFC wouldn't be auspicious for a quarterback with a much better pedigree.

Nah, for me Gruden has to go down.

I don't want to see him stay for another 3-4 weeks because of one Hail Mary win.

Any time spent with Colt is minutes/hours off the future of this franchise.

There is a bigger picture out there than going 5-11 vs. 3-13 in 2019.

The salient point is it's a non-playoff year with a top 10 pick in the offing.

The current staff and favorite players have had their time on stage.

Time for the next act.

Cam Sims back on the active roster. Darvin Kidsy to the Practice Squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colt McCoy at Qb Sunday? Against the Pats?

Maybe if you gave the Pats 10 cases of Colt .45 before the game....maybe the Redskins would have a chance......

How could you possibly start anyone but Colt?

Haskins isn't ready for the NFL and the OL is up in the air. Do you want to cripple him? Especially after seeing 2 QB's go down last season?

Call Shanahan and ask him to do another RG3 if you want Haskins to play.

Nah, for me Gruden has to go down.

I don't want to see him stay for another 3-4 weeks because of one Hail Mary win.

Any time spent with Colt is minutes/hours off the future of this franchise.

There is a bigger picture out there than going 5-11 vs. 3-13 in 2019.

The salient point is it's a non-playoff year with a top 10 pick in the offing.

The current staff and favorite players have had their time on stage.

Time for the next act.

I don't think an extremely unlikely upset against the Patriots will change Gruden's job status. It's only a matter of time. I have a feeling the brain(less) trust has already decided when he will go.

How could you possibly start anyone but Colt?

Haskins isn't ready for the NFL and the OL is up in the air. Do you want to cripple him? Especially after seeing 2 QB's go down last season?

Call Shanahan and ask him to do another RG3 if you want Haskins to play.

Because you have no clue how to adapt your offense to the talent you have in regards to Haskins.

0-4. This season is lost.

Is Colt McCoy getting you anywhere? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Gruden's excuse is that he's been here 6 years, knows the system...which is horse hockey.

McLaurin been here 6 yrs? Richardson? Peterson?

Minshew in Jax,Rudolph in Pittsburgh are on the field out of necessity. You didn't hear either of their staffs complain about them not being ready, don't understand the "system".
No, they pared down the playbook and worked towards their QB's strengths.

Jay's reluctance or inability to do this with Haskins,plus his infatuation with a marginal NFL talent at QB, will be just as much the reason for his demise as having Bruce Allen as his GM.

Gruden has painted himself into a corner.

He spent 15 minutes with Haskins in the offseason and is now paying for that because his two mediocre veterans can't stay healthy.

Haskins was never going to be a 16 game starter as a rookie or be as effective as a Marino was, but a good coach like Reid or McVay would have worked with Dwayne and they would have a package ready in case he has to go in because of injury, etc.

When Brady was suspended, Garoppolo and third stringer Jacoby Brissett were able to go in and win games although both lacked real game experience.

As Brian Mitchell said you have to prepare the roster to play including backups.

This team more than any other seems to suffer a huge collapse when starters go down and backups have to go in.

The Eagles won the Super Bowl with a backup quarterback, backup offensive tackle and without two veteran defensive linemen.

Here?

Again depth that isn't ready to play.

When a Jonathan Allen or Terry McLaurin goes out the team falls off a cliff.

Here?

Again depth that isn't ready to play.

When a Jonathan Allen or Terry McLaurin goes out the team falls off a cliff.

Well to be fair, when you are 0-4 you're pretty much already at the bottom and there isn't far to fall. More like tripping on the bottom step than falling off of a cliff.

But China we were lead to believe that wasn't so.

Rob Ryan talked about having a top 5 defense. Players like Collins and Norman talked about the overall talent on D.

So when Allen goes out I will expect Manusky will adjust scheme if necessary and ensure guys like Tim Settle are ready to go in and make an impact.

Likewise we are paying Ryan Kerrigan millions to rush the passer and have been adding outside backers high in the draft for the past half decade to pair with him:

Preston Smith
Trent Murphy
Ryan Anderson
Montez Sweat

And yet when we need another rusher we bring in street free agent Noah Spence and he sees the field immediately because no one else is producing.

Do you think Belichick would have spent a #1 pick and THREE #2's and still failed to find a rusher who can produce?

This team is so wasteful.

Likewise we are paying Ryan Kerrigan millions to rush the passer and have been adding outside backers high in the draft for the past half decade to pair with him:

Preston Smith
Trent Murphy
Ryan Anderson
Montez Sweat

And yet when we need another rusher we bring in street free agent Noah Spence and he sees the field immediately because no one else is producing.

Do you think Belichick would have spent a #1 pick and THREE #2's and still failed to find a rusher who can produce?

This team is so wasteful.

I think Belichek would have been able to get production from any of those 4 players.

Preston Smith is having a career year in Green Bay, Trent Murphy is a solid piece in that good Bills defense.

Meanwhile, Sweat seems lost in this defense, and Anderson continues to get misused.

I have to think the number of failures is indicative more as being a part of this organization, than a completely bad pick. Lorenzo Alexander left 7 years ago and is still balling in Buffalo, there are a handful of others like him who have left here and been far more productive elsewhere.

I just hope the players like Cole Hoclomb, who I believe could be an all-pro in this league, will not languish away here like Kerrigan has.

Gruden believes his system allows for a career backup in McCoy to compete and win in the NFL as a starter here.

He believed that when Kirk was negotiating his way to free agency, he believed that before and after the trade for Alex Smith.

He is as alone in that belief as Josh McDaniels was about Tim Tebow.

This type of tunnel vision is more frequent in the NFL than one might think.

Coaches get so wrapped up in their own ‘group think' and fail to maintain any sort of rational detachment from process to see things as they are.

Remember Shanahan at the press conference restating his position that he was confident John Beck could be a starting qb in the NFL?

I know that was news to Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens who had him in camp before trading him to DC for a bag of donuts.

All I had to do was watch Beck in one NFL game to know he didn't have the arm or mental makeup to be an NFL regular.

But there was a Super Bowl winning coach standing up and saying it was so.

Here with McCoy we need to stop the bleeding and acknowledge that the 2019 season is indeed our bottoming out point with Gruden.

We need to fix this now and not wait until 2020 to get started on the future.

We aren't going to enjoy an easy climb out of this hole and the longer we wait the harder and longer the path will be.

No formal blog entry this week. Just some quick grades from the Patriots game and a prediction for the Dolphins game. The grades, evals, and a prediction will return next week.

I had to travel to Oklahoma City this week and that has limited my time. We'll get back to everything next week. But here is a quick entry for this week.

For the Patriots game:

Offense: F
The only thing that worked was a nice jet sweep by Steven Sims.

Defense: C-
A very good first half, but the second half was a struggle.

Special Teams: B
No glaring mistakes, but some of the punting and returns could've been better.

Coaching: F
We all know what happened.

Week Six Prediction:
Redskins 13 Dolphins 10
BBQ Record: 5-0

Things should be back to normal for me next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.