• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner’s Burning Questions – The Mock Draft (Continual Updates)

Just wanted to give brother Burner major props for his usual unbelievable job with the mock draft and draft stuff. We are really lucky to have someone who has the energy and knowledge to pull it off so well every year to help guide us through this annual event.

All hail Burgundy Burner! :thewave:

Just wanted to give brother Burner major props for his usual unbelievable job with the mock draft and draft stuff. We are really lucky to have someone who has the energy and knowledge to pull it off so well every year to help guide us through this annual event.

All hail Burgundy Burner! :thewave:

This was my first time accessing this resource and it made my entire draft experience more fun by comparing the mocks to reality.

Thanks for awesomeness BB!

Just read from Tandler that only eleven can officially sign, the rest are "camp invites." Anything over eleven puts then over the roster limit.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Just read from Tandler that only eleven can officially sign, the rest are "camp invites." Anything over eleven puts then over the roster limit.

The team will have a press release about the UDFAs at some point. We'll probably release some camp fodder types to make room for several of these rooks. Two or three on the list could be rumors of being signed, much like we saw last year when that was the case.

It would be nice to get two or three hidden gems from this crop of players, especially in areas of need.

That being said, another name was added to the list.

Last edited:
Interesting that tryout invitee Seth Thomas is the younger brother of Seachicken safety Earl Thomas and that UAB LB Marvin Burdette has been drawing comparisons to London Fletcher all season long. Makes these rookie minicamps more fun to follow.

And BB, I echo Boone's sentiment. Thanks for all the mock draft work and coverage!

Last edited:
Do they not have NT as a position in college? Do we have to look at individual DTs physical specs to guess if they can play NT?

Thanks for all the kind words - it is a labor of love for me, something to keep the boredom at arm's length and a hobby that can be shared with everyone here. I must admit though - it is nice when the draft is over and more free time is at hand. But by mid October, the research starts again. :)

As for the NT/DT designation - it is just a label nowadays. NT figures more prominently in a 4-3 and a DT is identified with a 3-4 - in college. By the time they reach the NFL, they are all DTs it seems. The concepts are the same, but all are considered DTs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.