• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Build the ALL TIME Redskins team!

Win4us

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Military Branch
Air Force
Alright the Redskins have challenged fans to build an all time roster using their designated player list in the link. Seems kind of fun

Quarterback (pick 1)
The choices:
Sonny Jurgensen, Billy Kilmer, Doug Williams, Joe Theismann, Alex Smith, Mark Rypien, Sammy Baugh and Kirk Cousins
Notable snubs: Robert Griffin III
Running back (pick 2)
The choices:
John Riggins, Alfred Morris, Brian Mitchell, Clinton Portis, Earnest Byner, George Rogers, Larry Brown, Adrian Peterson and Stephen Davis
Notable snubs: Terry Allen
Wide receiver (pick 3)
The choices:
Art Monk, Bobby Mitchell, Charley Taylor, Charlie Brown, Gary Clark, Hugh Taylor, Pierre Garcon, Ricky Sanders and Santana Moss
Notable snubs: Henry Ellard
Tight end (pick 1)
The choices:
Chris Cooley, Jerry Smith and Jordan Reed
Notable snubs: Donnie Warren
Offensive line (pick 5)
The choices:
Jeff Bostic, Jim Lachey, Joe Jacoby, Len Hauss, Russ Grimm, Turk Edwards, Brandon Scherff and Vince Promuto
Notable snubs: Trent Williams and Chris Samuels
Defensive line (pick 2)
The choices:
Charles Mann, Dave Butz, Dexter Manley and Gene Brito
Notable snubs: Andre Carter, Ron McDole
Linebackers (pick 3)
The choices:
Chris Hanburger, Ken Harvey, London Fletcher, Monte Coleman and Ryan Kerrigan
Notable snubs: Brian Orakpo
Defensive backs (pick 4)
The choices:
Brig Owens, Champ Bailey, Darrell Green, DeAngelo Hall, Ken Houston, Landon Collins, Mike Bass, Pat Fischer and Sean Taylor

Looks like they had some kid throw this together.

1. Roster too small.
2. No fullback. No Charlie Harraway!
3. Too many names that don't even belong. Not to mention the numerous snubs.
4. Whoever put this together gets an F-, squared, to the 10th power, over 8. Which I'm assuming is pretty effing bad.

Going by their lazy, inadequate choices, I get this.

QB - Sonny
RB - Brown, Riggins
TE - Smith
WR - Charley Taylor, Monk, Clark
Oline - Lachey, Grimm, Hauss, Promuto, Jacoby
Dline - Butz, Manley
LB - Hanburger, Fletcher, Harvey
DB's - Green, Bass, Houston, Taylor.

QB - Sonny or Rypein
RB - Riggins or Portis
TE - Clint Diddier
WR - Monk and Clark
OL - just give me the Hogs
DL - Butz, Mann
LB - Wilbur Marshall, London, Kerrigan
CB - Champ, Taylor, and if anyone doesn't put Green on this list I would be shocked

Yeah there’s some names in his list that I probably should know but have no clue on. Maybe an all time team comprised of whoever, but with the given slots they made available works better.

qb-Rypien
rb-Peterson, Portis
te-Reed
wr-Monk, Clark, Santana
ol-Lachey, Jacoby, Grimm, Bostic, Jansen
lb-Coleman, Fletcher, M. Washington
db’s-Bailey, Green, Collins, Taylor
fb-Sellers

QB - Baugh - Give me the Babe Ruth of passing in football with the way the game is now. Plus, you have a punter and an extra defender if you need one.
RB - Riggins and I'm going to surprise people and say Byner. His pass catching ability would make him even more valuable today. Brown was better but Byner is a good compliment to Riggins.
TE - Smith
WR - Taylor, Monk, Clark
OL - Bostic, Grimm, Lachey, Jacoby, Edwards
DL - Mann and Butz
LB - Harvey, Fletcher, Coleman - I hear Hanburger was great. He was my dad's favorite player until he got to meet him once. Then he hated him after that.
DB - Green, Houston, Fischer, Taylor - I can't pick Bailey since he did most of his work in Denver.
K - Moseley - MVP

Plus, either one of these haircuts makes him an instant legend.

QB: Jurgy
RB: Riggo, LB
WR: Monk, Taylor, Santana
TE: Smith
Oline: Jacoby, Grimm, Hauss, Lachey, T.Williams
Dline: Grant, Butz
LB: Marshall, Huff, Coleman/Harvey
CB: Green, Houston, Taylor, Bass

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is Alex Smith even on there? He was a competent game manager for half a season... seriously, wtf? If you want to throw in someone with a small sample size just because they made a pro bowl elsewhere, Trent Green would have been an infinitely superior choice. Heck, I would take Frerotte over Smith.
And what kind of team has only 2 defensive linemen?
Lemar Parrish and Joe Lavender should be included long before DHall or Landon Collins. Fischer was phenomenal for his era, but could never make a roster with today's rules.

If Alex Smith is on there then Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders should be too... just sayin

The list is missing a lot of good players. Like with TE there is no Donnie Warren or Clint Didier. What about the "Dancing Bear" McDole for DL?

QB Sonny Jurgenson
RB Riggins and Larry Brown
TE Jerry Smith
WR Charlie Taylor, Art Monk, Bobby Mitchell
OL Jacoby, Grimm, Hauss, Bostic, and Edwards
DL Mann, Butz
LB Hanburger, Harvey, Coleman
DB Green, Taylor, Houston, Fischer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.