• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bruce, Scot and the Front Office.

Only in NFL world is $20 ****ing million considered lowball

Sometimes being a Redskins fan is similar to being forced to eat a skunk turd, wrapped in hair & boiled in ipecac.

Dan Steinberg‏@dcsportsbog
Remember when Bruce Allen introduced Scot McCloughan and said he would be in charge of all the team's personnel?

Joe Banner‏@JoeBanner13
Cousins says, without long term deal wants to be traded. He is actually saying I am willing to stay if I have long term deal. Opens the door.

I think that's entirely fair from Kirk's POV. At the same time, it may be a generous way to look at the quote.

Basically we have 2 options with KC. Either you pay him Fair Market Value in long term deal or you let him walk after the season. If not going to do LTD I would think better to get something in return. At one time thought we could get a good return, but not so sure now.

We have lost a lot of leverage in trading him. Teams know he wants out. If no trade now then they wait until he walks free next year this time. Who blinks first?

trey wingo‏@wingoz
Washington off season: QB wants trade, both WRs gone, Murphy suspension, OC now in Rams HC,GM AWOL.

Let me tell you how my day is going my Skins fan brothers and sisters. I’ve literally had fans from eight other teams, INCLUDING A BROWS FAN, drop by my desk today and ask me what the hell the Skins are doing.

53476829.jpg

They must be reading the twitter.

:end:

Allen is going to let Baker walk and sign Terrell McClain instead?

There is no front office here in DC.

The Cowboys listed DL as their #1 priority in the offseason so if they are letting McClain go that means we are getting a guy who couldn't cut it on their thin bench at the position.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan after two seasons <a href="https://t.co/Ceit6x6MLF">https://t.co/Ceit6x6MLF</a></p>— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/839993006107348993">March 10, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The circus is back in town fellas...........

What a shit show

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Was told late in the season of jealousy up top and how they'd one day use McCloughan drinking as an excuse to can him. Exactly what happened</p>— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/839994549279838208">March 10, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Scot wasn't drinking. Did a damn fine job. Bruce=jealous. Schemed to use Scot's sickness against him. Leaked rumours via Cooley. Disgusting.</p>— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/839996442169212933">March 10, 2017</a></blockquote>

Last edited:
Allen is going to let Baker walk and sign Terrell McClain instead?

There is no front office here in DC.

The Cowboys listed DL as their #1 priority in the offseason so if they are letting McClain go that means we are getting a guy who couldn't cut it on their thin bench at the position.

Not sure I entirely agree with this. Some reports I've read suggest the loss of McClain will be a fairly decent blow to the cowboys. Their cap situation apparently wouldn't allow for a seamless return of McClain. Additionally, some other franchises who have been quite successful in recent history were hot on McClain's trail. In my mind, keeping Baker who you are more familiar with as an organization would have been ideal in a comparable money situation. However, chalking it up to a case of him not being able to cut it in Dallas is too simplistic.

I stand by what I wrote last night. I thought it would take a little longer than this to fire him - like after the draft.

Other than that, not much else to say on the subject.

The name to look out for is Mark Dominik. Former Tampa Bay GM. You won't be happy with his history in that position.

I stand by what I wrote last night. I thought it would take a little longer than this to fire him - like after the draft.

Other than that, not much else to say on the subject.

The name to look out for is Mark Dominik. Former Tampa Bay GM. You won't be happy with his history in that position.

I'm guessing they probably wanted to wait until after the draft, when the GM's job settles down. But once word got out last week, they had to do something soon. His agent goes in yesterday to work out the settlement and then today he's gone. I have a couple of more thoughts on what this could mean. But I'll wait a bit to post them. More info could be coming out that may affect my response.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Was told late in the season of jealousy up top and how they'd one day use McCloughan drinking as an excuse to can him. Exactly what happened</p>— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/839994549279838208">March 10, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Scot wasn't drinking. Did a damn fine job. Bruce=jealous. Schemed to use Scot's sickness against him. Leaked rumours via Cooley. Disgusting.</p>— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/839996442169212933">March 10, 2017</a></blockquote>

How many Twitter 'truths' need to be proven utterly false before we learn not to trust everything we read there? Seriously - I'd just suggest holding my 'disgust' until we learn more. I'm confident we will.

I think Scott Campbell is far more likely BB. Doug Williams has some significant power in the Redskins front office at this point, and he hates Dominik. I know Dominik's name is all over Twitter but doesn't mean it will happen.

Anybody have Dan Snyder and Bruce Allens email address it is time to flood their inbox.

Cooley seems to have been the 'canary' in the coal mine, his was the first shot across the bow publicly at McCloughan.

As I posted before, Cooley held a grudge because McCloughan told him in 2015 that his career was over and he wasn't going to entertain the idea of giving him a tryout with the team.

Remember that Gruden and Allen were in favor of giving Cooley a shot. Ultimately Cooley did try out with the Giants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.