• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bruce Allen is Gone

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
December 30, 2019

STATEMENT BY WASHINGTON REDSKINS OWNER DAN SNYDER:

"As this season concludes, Bruce Allen has been relieved of his duties as president of the Washington Redskins and is no longer with the organization. Like our passionate fan base, I recognize we have not lived up to the high standards set by great Redskins teams, coaches and players who have come before us. As we reevaluate our team leadership, culture and process for winning football games, I am excited for the opportunities that lie ahead to renew our singular focus and purpose of bringing championship football back to Washington D.C."

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting ready to get on a flight to head back home. I check the news and see this is official. This is a good first step. I'll be curious to see what the next steps are. I'll probably have to wait until I land in NC to see though as I expect more things to break during my travel.

Great news. The sad reality is that we are all still stuck with Snyder. We are all familiar over the last 25 odd years how he always has a sneaky little way to buy himself more time and goodwill with these timely, splash, and crowd-pleasing moves. The real problem has always found a way to be temporarily swept under the rug with the excitement and euphoria of "better days ahead." This pattern is playing out once again for Dan, our very own master-manipulator.

Last edited:
980 is reporting entire training staff is out. Hopefully this is due to continuing epic IR rates and not a move to placate Trent Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also have seen reports that Schaffer won't be given title of GM but something less. I'll wait any see before I hold full judgement. Glad Allen is totally gone, but would think it's worrisome if we hire a HC without a GM in place and certainly don't think we should be giving a HC full GM responsibilities.

Also have seen reports that Schaffer won't be given title of GM but something less. I'll wait any see before I hold full judgement. Glad Allen is totally gone, but would think it's worrisome if we hire a HC without a GM in place and certainly don't think we should be giving a HC full GM responsibilities.

Out of all the potential moves Dan could make I was most excited for Schaffer or Smith to be named GM. It`s still early and all but if Rivera is HC/GM this will most likely fail.

Fingers crossed we end up giving one of those 2 actual GM duties with Rivera having full control of who plays and who sits on gameday.

Fantastic that he is gone.

Disastrous if we don't finally create a functional accountable FO structure...which we won't. Rivera will get double duty just like Schotferbrains, Gibbs, and Lobsterman because Napoleon Bonerparts never learns.

I wonder how much negligence will come out now that he is gone, i.e., Trent Williams situation.

Like relief from being constipated...

For once, saying we won the off season has some real meaning... Bruce canned completely is a win no matter how we restaff.

Great news. The sad reality is that we are all still stuck with Snyder. We are all familiar over the last 25 odd years how he always has a sneaky little way to buy himself more time and goodwill with these timely, splash, and crowd-pleasing moves. The real problem has always found a way to be temporarily swept under the rug with the excitement and euphoria of "better days ahead." This pattern is playing out once again for Dan, our very own master-manipulator.

Remember how awesome we felt when Vinnie Cerratto left the building?

Yeah, me neither.

There's hope.

Hope to repair the self-inflicted damage with guys like Trent and Scherff.

Hope that we won't have a dumbass running the team who thought entering the season with Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis at the TE position was sufficient.

Hope that someone in the FO actually concentrates on winning football games instead of just counting dollars.

At least it's a start.

I wouldn't call it hope.

More like when you buy your 3 year old kid a bike without training wheels and then push him or her out into the street hoping that they'll remember to pedal and keep balancing the bike at the same time knowing full well that they're going to end up picking rocks out of their knees and elbows.

All you can really do is watch and wait for the inevitable screaming and carnage.

That's what being a fan of the Snyderskins is like.

Out of all the potential moves Dan could make I was most excited for Schaffer or Smith to be named GM. It`s still early and all but if Rivera is HC/GM this will most likely fail.

Fingers crossed we end up giving one of those 2 actual GM duties with Rivera having full control of who plays and who sits on gameday.

Don't forget about Kyle Smith

Are we pursuing Ron Rivera now?

Of course we are.

Schottenheimer - Experienced coach
Spurrier - New coach
Gibbs - Experienced coach
Zorn - New coach
Shanahan - Experienced coach
Gruden - New coach
Rivera? - Experienced coach

Dan Snyder is doing what he does, isn't he? Things are different this time. Last time we had a (Experienced/New coach) and this time we have a (New/Experienced coach)! See? Dan is learning!

Riiiiiight. :)

Well - I guess the good news is the experienced coaches were the only ones we had any success with :)

Head trainer Larry Hess fired. Director of pro personnel Alex Santos fired.

I'm glad fairly massive change is ongoing. How could any legit Skins fan not long for massive change? But the number of nitwits on Twitter heaping praise on Snyder is astounding. Dismantling the dysfunction you yourself spent 20 years creating - it doesn't warrant praise. I wish Snyder would fire himself. Only slightly less annoying are those fans who apparently believe these changes are being made to make Trent Williams happy.

There are truly more than a few really stupid Redskins fans out there. And most of them have a Twitter account.

Hess was criticized by numerous players over the past couple of years.

In terms of the front office, there had to be some additional changes.

Allen wasn't the one making the decisions to draft Geron Christian or Troy Apke.

Santos was part of the group evaluating free agents and we have mostly whiffed on these signings.

Recall that Doug Williams ‘found' Adrian Peterson last year when no one else wanted to even give him a tryout.

No more Paul Richardsons or guys like Zach Brown and Swearinger that are nothing but trouble off the field.

For Josh Norman the new boss is really the same as the old boss 😆😎😎😎😎😎

Bet he regrets saying Carolina failed to treat him like a man in negotiating a new contract.

If he wasn't gone already he is now.

Last edited:
I don't know a lot about Santos, other than that he's been in the org for close to 15 years and his primary area of responsibility has been evaluation of free agents. That hasn't exactly been a strength so may be long overdue. I think most fans assume the training staff cut(s) are a result of Trent Williams complaints, but I think that's wrong. It's likely our record rates of players going on IR for multiple seasons in a row that has brought that kind of attention. And fans confuse 'training staff' with 'medical staff' (the latter are whom Trent really had a supposed 'issue' with).

I also wonder if there haven't been conversations with Rivera in terms of guys he wants brought in at certain spots.

I have zero issue with gutting any/all of this org. I just wish there was someone around who had the power to fire our owner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.