• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Boy Wrestler Forfeits Match v/ Girl

I have no problem realizing that men are better at most sports than women. Pretty much everything except for maybe figure skating. :) That has nothing to do with being PC so you can put that strawman away.

Again, I do find it interesting that you are fixated on women and men, when the PGA has a had a Senior's Tour for years and nobody has said boo about it. It's basically the exact same thing, except it's old men and young men. Been around since 1937 and has yet to rock the foundations of American culture. When an old guy, like Jack Nicholas, actually makes the PGA cut is the outrage there? Can the cries of injustice be heard across the land? The demand for anyone of any age to be able to compete on any tour? No, there's a special segment on ESPN about how great it is that the Old Man was able to give the crowds something to cheer for one more time.

The only time I ever saw anyone get worked up about golf is when that 15 year-old girl had the nerve to try and make the cut with the men's tour. Then it was all cries of 'men should be able to play in the womens' leagues! Oh the humanity!'

Hilarious. The irony is she didn't even make it, so the point was moot.

Women and girls are so rarely able to compete at the level of men and boys that the point is almost always moot, which is why they usually have their own leagues (though not in the case of these wrestlers). The very very few times a girl or woman can compete (and especially in cases such as this one where they don't have their own league) I don't have a problem making an exception. You apparently do, so much so that you'd be willing to tear down women's sports to make a point.

And I think you are, as usual, completely over-reacting.

henry...I'm not claiming you are being PC. I'm saying I've had it with the shifting standards of the moment. I'm not playing along anymore. wrestling isn't even germane to my pov.

that's how I see it. as you noted in earlier the thread...everyone is entitled to their beliefs. so if competition is the calling card here....and that works for you....that's fine. doesn't work for me.

Yeah, my mom knew my dad was a violent man who had a drinking problem going in since she hung out with him in a bar where she saw him get in numerous fights, so...

Although not entirely parallel, it is violence against girls if they are permitted to wrestle with boys!

It sends conflicting messages that boys are less likely to be able to distinguish.

Did you read the link I attached? There is already male v. male sexual assault charges being made for a move that has been standard since long before my days on the mat. And you truly believe a girl wrestling boys is going to be OK with that?

Like I said, my experience gives me a more impassioned view toward violence against women. I will refuse to allow a boy of mine to wrestle a girl. I believe it is wrong. I will never allow my daughter to be subjected to blatant violence like wrestling.

As for other sports, if she is good enough on the soccer field, baseball field or other teams sports that aren't blatantly violent, I have no issue with that.

No wrestling, boxing or martial arts with boys!

btw...if a gal signs a waiver...and the boys coach says to his wrestler "make it hurt"...kinda like all of us looking for massive hits in football.....is that ok?

As said earlier, I have no problem with this kid's decision. When my son was wrestling I probably would have let him wrestle a girl.

After stepping back from this issue for few days, I still hold firm in my belief girls shouldn't wrestle boys. This isn't a sexist view, but as others have mentioned it has more to do with nature of this sport.

If my step-daughter had wanted to wrestle, I would have been opposed. A friend told me about an incident several years ago at a wrestling match while stationed in England. There was a match between a girl and boy which was called off. Why? Seems the young man got overly excited and the officials felt it was best for these two not to continue. I know this is an exception, but shows why kids of this age should wrestle against the opposite sex.

The PC pendulum has swung too far and needs to come back to a happy medium.

I know this had died down and not trying to be too controversial but I came across this youngster's video and I believe he is being groomed to be a narcissistic, inflicter of punishment upon others. He reminds me a lot of a wrestler who was 2 years older than me who punished me on the mat because I caught him by surprise in practice one day and pinned him in front of the team. He went on to be a wife beater. Not saying this kid will beat a woman, I just see an awful lot of similarities between the two.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81350844/

Would any of you enjoy seeing your daughter on the mat with this kid?

I know this had died down and not trying to be too controversial but I came across this youngster's video and I believe he is being groomed to be a narcissistic, inflicter of punishment upon others. He reminds me a lot of a wrestler who was 2 years older than me who punished me on the mat because I caught him by surprise in practice one day and pinned him in front of the team. He went on to be a wife beater. Not saying this kid will beat a woman, I just see an awful lot of similarities between the two.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81350844/

Would any of you enjoy seeing your daughter on the mat with this kid?

There are jerks in all sports. It comes with the territory. If you don't want to face them don't play that sport. Boy or girl.

There are jerks in all sports. It comes with the territory. If you don't want to face them don't play that sport. Boy or girl.

You didn't answer the question Henry.

You didn't answer the question Henry.

I wouldn't want my daughter wresting so my answer would be no.

I've seen kids like that in karate tournaments, that go right up to the line of control and sometimes over it. One time I saw a ten year-old kid knock out his opponent in a point fight (which is supposed to be light contact, especially to the head). The judges obviously disqualified him and his instructor (his mom) started screaming at the judges, that the kid who got knocked out was acting and should be disqualified himself ... scary freakin lady.

I wouldn't want any of my kids fighting a kid like that, son or daughter. Those kind of kids have no respect for the sport or their opponent. They don't get the point of competition. And it's usually because they have psychotic parents.

But, if you participate in sports long enough, you are bound to run into kids like that now and then. It's the nature of the beast. Whether or not I would want my kids to face them has no bearing on whether or not they should be allowed to participate in that sport.

You're absolutely right Henry. And I respect that. I just think this is one more example in a long list that suggests girls should not be wrestling boys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.