• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: Week 7 - @ Chicago Bears

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Hog Fever

Skins' State of the Union Week 7

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
(Hog Fever dodges a rotten tomato thrown from somewhere in the crowd) Whoa, that was close.

Darn ... missed. :p

Nice write up HF. Like the stats about sacking Cutler, I can see us getting some good pressure on him. Martz seems intent on getting him killed.

I expect Haslett will pressure the begeebies out of Cutler, I just hope our DB's are up for the task of the man coverage. I also believe LL will be sent kamikaze at Cutler throughout the game.

Well done-(polite applause turns to standing ovation)-well done, indeed!-(ovation now includes whistles and occasional foot stomping). Yeah!! :claps::claps::clap2:

(Just as applause is starting to fade enough for people to begin to hear others around them-a small voice is heard)

"Yeah, it was a damn fine one...but who the hell schedules these things?....I mean I missing out on back-to-back episodes of Wow Wow Wubzy for this....I mean really....dammit!"

Wouldn't it be ironic if we took out Cutler and Todd Collins came in to lead the Bears to victory?

:knocks furiously on wood:

Wouldn't it be ironic if we took out Cutler and Todd Collins came in to lead the Bears to victory?

:knocks furiously on wood:

Or if, after Collins gives them the lead, McNabb is replaced by Grossman who then leads us on a 75 yard 8 play TD producing win.

:looks around furiously for a piece of wood that's not already broken from just contemplating any of the above:

VERY nice write up. :claps:

I'm more worried about Forte as a receiver. That 76 yard prediction could be accurate if the Skins get up on the Bears early. I expect a lot a balls thrown to him to take some of the heat off of Cutler. I'm hoping Haslett puts a spy on him, just as teams used to do with Marshall Faulk when Mike Martz was designing plays for him.

Last edited:
I could almost hear 'Hail to the Chief' as I read (btw - I never thought about how apropos that song is for a DC=based President before). You blognostication gets additional attaboy points for making me think of Marilyn Monroe.

This is a gut-check game. If we are going to remain in the playoff hunt, we can't afford not to keep pace with the Eagles and Giants. There's a decent chance both the G-men and the Eagles lose this week against the Cowboys and Titans respectively. If we can take care of the Bears (and I personally think we should be able to take care of the Bears if we play moderately well), we'll right back into control of the division.

I think last Sunday's game had the potential to be a will-sapping, demoralizing loss. We'll see how effectively the Shanahan's have been in getting the players to turn the next mental page and get ready for this week. I agree the secondary has got to turn it around in this one. I'm also very interested in seeing if Torain can notch another solid performance. And I'm desperately hoping Laron Landry does not earn NFL trivia infamy in becoming the first player to earn a suspicion for a malicious hit. He's capable.

And I'm desperately hoping Laron Landry does not earn NFL trivia infamy in becoming the first player to earn a suspicion for a malicious hit. He's capable.

I was thinking the same thing. That would really suck and I have a feeling it will happen somewhere down the road. Maybe we should put skirts on the receivers and QB's so DB's and LB's can make sure they "handle with care". :soapbox:

I agree Mike. Landry is playing much smarter, more disciplined ball. Pretty amazing transformation so far. But he is a big hitter and he's got a rep. That makes me nervous...

Darn ... missed. :p

Young man...give me that knife! Swwwwzzzzzinnnnggg! Thank you.

Ok, so getting enough sacks is the key. If so, we need to hope that Rak has a Raiders type of game on Sunday. I really think we may see one player who has a sack or two and makes something of an impact in this game - Adam Carriker. It's just a feeling that I have, but we'll see what he does tomorrow.

I really think Donovan will have exceptional numbers in this game. Perhaps a 300 yd. effort.

I agree Mike. Landry is playing much smarter, more disciplined ball. Pretty amazing transformation so far. But he is a big hitter and he's got a rep. That makes me nervous...

Eh...Landry has never done anything nearly as bad as Merriweather's blatant helmet-to-helmet hit. If they didn't suspend for that, then I think Landry is safe. He may want to start putting aside money for the 'big-hit fund,' but I'm perfectly fine with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.