• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: Week 3 - @ St. Louis Rams

* ... raises hand slowly ... *

I've got Dallas winning today too.

Part of that is knowing Houston, despite all its best intentions and utterances, has started believing the hype. It's inevitable. They may well get a reality check today about being The Hunted in the NFL. It's a whole new ball game for them.

The other part of it is simply recalling too many situations exactly like this over the years with the Cowboys. Say what you will about those bastiges, in the regular season, it seems like every time they absolutely, positively have to have it, they find a way to steal the W that keeps a season on the brink from slipping into oblivion.

This feels like another one. Would love nothing more than to be loud wrong on this one...but I can't let myself see it.

Just saw more evidence on ESPN's pre-game show the Texans may be buying into the hype as has been suggested. I hope they go out and destroy the Cowgirls. I hope we are all wrong about this ugly feeling and Dallas lays down. It could make for a wonderful season of football.

I'm in two pickem contests this season, the one here and another in a Yahoo group.

You can call it hedging my bets or you can call it indecisive-I call it overcome by uncertainty.

I went with Dallas in one and Houston in the other. :whoknows:

I don't know whose idea it was to have me put my thoughts about this game in writing, but I hope you've learned your lesson. Wow. :(

I don't know whose idea it was to have me put my thoughts about this game in writing, but I hope you've learned your lesson. Wow. :(

Still well written and a lot of fun. I have a sick feeling that future blognostications will NOT be so rosy. It's amazing how five quarters of football can change our perspective so drastically. :cry:

Still well written and a lot of fun. I have a sick feeling that future blognostications will NOT be so rosy. It's amazing how five quarters of football can change our perspective so drastically. :cry:

I should've known. I've been doing this Redskin-fandom thing for 30+ years. I KNOW not to get caught up in "we beat Dallas, and a really good team in the Texans." I should've remembered that we're STILL the Redskins. And gawsh dang it, I'm sick of being the Redskins sometimes.

This was the Lions, Part II. And I should've seen it coming. It wasn't even that I saw it, and chose to ignore it. I really didn't see this at all. Honestly, I thought my score prediction was being a little nice to the Rams.

Oh well, live and learn.....and continue suffering. *sigh*

Expletive. Expletive. Expletive.

Now, let's go get to 2-0 in the division! HTTR!!!!!

Be grateful you got to write your entry while optimism still ran high. Those are much more fun to write. I'm suddenly not complaining about my draw. :)

Oh well, live and learn.....and continue suffering. *sigh*

Expletive. Expletive. Expletive.

Now, let's go get to 2-0 in the division! HTTR!!!!!

There you go. Just remember, no matter how bad things get, there's always next week ... wait ... that didn't come out right. :)

Be grateful you got to write your entry while optimism still ran high. Those are much more fun to write. I'm suddenly not complaining about my draw. :)

Very true. I wonder who's up this week? That should be REALLY interesting for a million different reasons.

Henry said:
There you go. Just remember, no matter how bad things get, there's always next week ... wait ... that didn't come out right. :)

I'm afraid it did. :( ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.