• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: Week 2 - Houston Texans

Great job Henry for the first go, enjoyed the read and the grammar police are out in full effect. I agree that if the Skins keep it close we have a good shot to win the game. I also believe that if Houston jumps out early, we might be in some muddy water. Defense must set the tone early. McNabb gets two td's in this game, one to Cooley for 20 yards coming across on a skinny post and a fade to AA near the goal line. Oh and if Mike Sellers even has the ball thrown his way I'm beating myself with a twinkie.

Great Job Henry. The bar remains High. By the end of the season, Blognosticators may need an English Professor to proof these. :)

Like your anaylsis. I think we'll play them tougher than the Colts. Gonna be another hard fought game. I think we have a team that has the toughness and will to compete and overcome some of it's shortcomings. Not sure were that will lead, but this week I think it pays dividends.

Man, hearing bullcrap from Texans fans all week.

"The Redskins suck, we're gonna walk all over them!"
"All they did was beat the ****ty Dallas Cowboys! They got nothing!"
"McNabb is washed up, their offense can't score points!"
"Their defense is overrated! Its ranked 28th in the league, they suck!"

Man I hope we spank these clowns.

Conversely, if we lose (god forbid we lose badly), life will be hell because I am talking a LOT of trash. Me and my Redskins fan buddy last night were re-writing the lyrics to "Deep in the heart of Texas" to make them pro-Redskins, and changed it to "Deep in the heart of Landover." Good times!

^^^^^^^^^^^6

Ya know, I am a SKINS fan and a native Texan. HOWEVER, playing with the song DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS makes my eyes widen.

Even if it is for the SKINS.

^^^^^^^^^^^6

Ya know, I am a SKINS fan and a native Texan. HOWEVER, playing with the song DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS makes my eyes widen.

I hate to say it Blondie but every time I hear Deep In The Heart Of Texas I think of Pee Wee Herman in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. That always cracks me up.

^^^^^^^^^^^6

Haha, you Texans are so protective of that song. I'm sure you'd LOVE the versus we made up. :D

Schaub won't get outside the pocket to extend plays like Romo. Problem is he knows the offense and plays smart. He gets the ball out quickly since knows where the receiver should be.

We will have to give whoever is covering Johnson some help over the top. This will keep us from bringing safeties in the box too often. The Titans are who we want to become on offense. For the first game they had a running game and didn't rely on passing game to make plays.

Our defense is better than Indy's. We gave up yards to Dallas, but the important stat is we didn't allow many points. Don't mind the yards as long as we keep them from scoring.

Henry...picking Carlos for an INT is a bold prediction. Hope you're right.

DeAngelo Hall will continue on his journey to the 2010 Pro Bowl with another pick this Sunday.

DeAngelo Hall will continue on his journey to the 2010 Pro Bowl with another pick this Sunday.

Oh! Do you think Hall will have a good year, Boone?!? You should, you know, put that down on the record somewhere...

:)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Oh! Do you think Hall will have a good year, Boone?!? You should, you know, put that down on the record somewhere...

:)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It's all for you Damien, it's all for you :)

I think the Skins are going to key on Foster, and leave CBs one-on-one with the Texans WRs. After last week, the focus has to be on stopping the run. Andre Johnson will prove to be too much, and will have a big week. 180 yards and 2TDs is my prediction for the best WR in the league.

As to who wins or loses...my gut tells me the Texans are going to win, but my heart and last week tell me the Skins win a tough one. I sure hope so...I'll be watching the game surrounded by Texans fans!

Sigh...I hate being right. My 180 yards and 2TDs was a little high, but Andre definitely torched us. Well, more specifically, Matt Schaub torched us.

When does Kareem Moore return from injury? Yikes...

I'm wondering if even Moore could handle Andre one-on-one, the guys very good.

I'm wondering if even Moore could handle Andre one-on-one, the guys very good.

You gotta double AJ. I'm not sure there's a player in the league who can handle AJ one-on-one. But Reed is probably the last person I'd choose.

I said this in the game thread ... they have a lot more talent than we do. I'd say the two best WRs on the field and the two best RBs on the field yesterday were all Texans. We had to bring the house a lot to get pressure on Schaub and it worked as much as it didn't. Unfortunately on that fourth and ten it didn't. Poor Doughty was in perfect position and got his hands in there but AJ is just too damn good and caught the ball with one hand. Sometimes the other guys are just better.

I have to say, I am very impressed with our coaching staff so far. Our team has some GAPING holes on both sides of the ball thanks to years of front office mismanagement and we're covering them about as well as we can. If this team wins 9 games this season, and I think they might, it would be a virtuoso performance by our coaches.

And I think now we can make the argument that we have the best QB in the division. And that's nice.

And yes, I take full credit for the Carlos pick. :D

Did anybody see Mike Sellers actually catching a pass coming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.