• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: Week 13 - NY Giants

• Thread starter Blognostications
  • Start date

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Anne the Fan

If you’re like me, you spend a good part of your Wednesday evenings...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic job, Anne! Well done! I laughed. I cried. I nodded in agreement.

Their strength against our weakness ain't pretty. While we don't get blown out often, going to the Meadowlands lately has been a disaster for us. I fear your margin of victory might be too low. Sigh.

Anyway, well done, you.

Very nice write-up Anne!

And yes, I know who you are. You're the hot chick in the ES 'show yourselves' thread. :p

Nice write up Anne.

I'll always hold out hope (as I know you do too) but the numbers don't lie. We can't run the ball and if the Giants can let the dogs loose to rush McNabb...we're cooked.

Here's hoping for bad weather and Hall picking off a couple of Manning's passes.

"We are Bambi; they’re the guy who shot Bambi’s mother." :antlers:

Ouch, baby. Very ouch! Can't say as I blame you, though. As hard as it was to read, I pretty much agreed with every word. This is a game I would LOVE to fast-forward through because watching it will likely make me sick. Hoping the D can keep it close enough for McNabb to provide us with an early Christmas present a la the Miracle at Midnight but I'm not holding my breath.

I would LOVE to go back and see just how many passes from Eli our D has dropped over the past few years. I'm thinking the number could be double-digits. Holding on to those this game could be our only hope but the ONLY prediction I will make is that ol' "Oven Mitts" drops one.

I'm pretty certain this won't be a replay of the Philly Phiasco but it won't be pretty either.

AnnetheFan, excellent analysis-and very well written, as well. I also agree that right now it doesn't look good for the Redskins in this one.

I am, however, going to dig around, cherry-pick basically, and see if I can find some weaknesses the Skins might be able to exploit and do like we've done all season-surprise the crap out of people-including us-and win this game.

Surprises can be both bad and good, y'know. :)

Great job Anne. As hard as it is to read through all the negatives of our team, knowing they were written by someone who bleeds the B&G, charges of treason shall not be filed.

Love all the analogies, too.

Of course, until shown otherwise, I'll imagine this one...

They are Mike Tyson. We are Buster Douglas. :redpunch:

Great write up, Anne! I really enjoyed it, but 17 points? Against the Giants defense? I smell a shut out, personally...maybe KDub will get another garbage time score, but I highly doubt it.

Great write up, Anne! I really enjoyed it, but 17 points? Against the Giants defense? I smell a shut out, personally...maybe KDub will get another garbage time score, but I highly doubt it.

I've been assured by those in position to know that the swinging gate is going to work this time ...

I've been assured by those in position to know that the swinging gate is going to work this time ...

...and if there are ANY problems this time, we can just call timeout and then run it again anyway.

I laughed a little, but then realized how depressing that playcall really was.

Thanks to all of you fine people for your kind words about the write-up. I have to confess that I was dreading the potential blowback over picking the Redskins to lose. Between that and my simplistic football analysis (“Chris Cooley can catch a pass!” “DeAngelo Hall can defend a pass!” “Water is wet!”), I had a feeling that a few of you might be hanging me in effigy. Thanks for your forbearance. :cheers:

This season may not be much fun, but the 'Blognostications' feature has been great fun...and Anne, great job :cheers:

Really, really good article Anne. Thanks for stepping up to the challenge and for having the cojones to actually make what will probably be the correct pick. Certainly nothing to argue with in there....sadly. :( Well, on second thought there is one thing I can take issue with. You actually dated a Gnats fan at some point? What on earth were you thinking? :insane::huh2:

Were it not for that error in judgement I would've given your article an excellent rating. As it stands, I downgraded it to merely good. Like most of us, I have some pretty ugly skeletons in my closet too but I do my best to keep 'em there. ;)

Hiya Anne. Drunken aunt? We want picks of that, ya know. :)

Can't disagree with your reasoning. I was waiting until the day before the game to post and see if this would bring the team some good luck. However, you have preempted my supposed good luck vibe with this prediciton. Together, just maybe, possibly, somehow, hopefully, we can bring some actual good luck to the team. :rotflmao:

Anyway, great analysis and insight to the game. Thanks for the extra effort that you put forth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.