• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2013 - Week 3 vs Detroit Lions

I like the prediction obviously, but this analysis seems to be very thorough and accurate. Thanks for the extra time that you took to study the Lions and what they have been doing of late.

Hail!!!

Nice write up Fear. Calvin scares me, but I think you pencil him in for 125 and 1-2 TDs. Suh is the one that gives me nightmares. Dude is just mean, and the way our OLine has (not) been pass-blocking? Ugh.

Nice job.

Rough, but accurate and well-constructed, read.

I hope the prediction is accurate too.

HAIL.

Thanks guys. It's also worthy to note that the comeback that the Lions allowed, was to a Cardinals team that was coming from behind without their best player, Larry Fitzgerald, who left the game earlier, due to a bad hamstring.

I heard the other day that Detroit has NEVER won in DC. Let's hope that streak continues!

I heard the other day that Detroit has NEVER won in DC. Let's hope that streak continues!

The Redskins have lost twice at home to the Detroit Lions, but both of those losses were when we were playing in Boston...so technically that statement is correct.
And no other team in the entire NFC has a better record against the Lions than we do - with a total winning percentage of 71%

A win Sunday changes the entire complexion of 2013. Doesn't "fix" all the issues that led to 0-2 and all the doubts--it'll take a few weeks for Bob to literally and figuratively get his legs back under him, not to mention at least one offseason of NOT being hamstrung by the cap penalty to really dig out--but it puts a competitive spin back on 2013 in a hurry.

A loss Sunday just further feeds the reactionary hype machine and makes the teams' job that much harder for having to deal with it. We can still have a fun, playoff-contending season in 2013, but if they're going to make that happen, it almost certainly has to start against Detroit. There is a chasm between 1-2 and 0-3 that might simply be too broad to overcome.

A loss Sunday just further feeds the reactionary hype machine and makes the teams' job that much harder for having to deal with it. We can still have a fun, playoff-contending season in 2013, but if they're going to make that happen, it almost certainly has to start against Detroit. There is a chasm between 1-2 and 0-3 that might simply be too broad to overcome.

And another reason that a win here is so critical, is our schedule is absolutely brutal this year.
While Detroit is by no means an easy team to beat, they are actually one of the easier teams on our schedule, comparitively speaking. So, we HAVE to beat those few "easier" teams on our schedule, before we start facing teams like Denver, San Fran, Atlanta, etc.

Then again, there is a flip side.
This year is a truly crappy division, and it's conceivable that 9-7 or maybe even 8-8 could win this division. And even at 0-3, we will have only played one divisional opponent by that time.

Last edited:
Excellent write up Fear, I share your optimism in the outcome yet must admit I can see Megatron eclipsing 300 yards receiving with our secondary lol

Great job Fear :cheers:

At some point, we have to make our own luck. Given the road ahead, that almost has to start this Sunday against the Lions.

Nice job Fear!

The Redskins have to put a good game together sometime this season, why not Sunday?

Time to look back and use some of our rich history for a mantra for this Sunday.....

Forty men together can't lose!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.