• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2013 - Week 11 @ Philadelphia Eagles

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Jugband McGillicuddy

If you opened this thread expecting a feel-good fluff piece that ends with a predicted Redskins' win, do...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent work, Jugs. Like, really excellent. I enjoyed it start to finish. Maybe the most well-written Blognostication we've had, and that includes all of my masterpieces. ;)

Well thought out, honest view of the game. Good job, Jug.

Enjoyed reading it... I'm still hoping (trying to stay positive) for a little revenge for that Monday night opener!

Awesome read bud... and I did provide a prediction, It was just wrong lol, so the more people who don't notice it, the better :)

Honestly, the winner of Sunday's game could very well end up being the division winner.

Dallas in my opinion is an afterthought. They are playing poorly/inconsistent enough that all it will take is one team to make a bit of a surge in this division, and they will easily be left in the dust.

If we walk into Philly on Sunday and control that game and win, I think we possibly plant a large enough seed of doubt in their minds that suggests maybe they aren't quite ready to take charge in the NFC East quite yet. It also makes their "feel good" win (in their minds) in Green Bay quickly be erased from their memory.

Time for us to draw on last year's experience and decide if we really want the division more than the Cowboys and Eagles do. The East crown is not a matter
of who has more talent in 2013.

The NFCE has four what I would call "fragile" teams right now, it seems as likely to be us as anyone else getting the division crown.

I agree with that, serv. It seems like no one really "wants" this division. I hate to put too much emphasis on any one game, but I see this as the make or break in 2013. If we win convincingly, I could see that snowballing, and working to right the ship in a big way.

As I said though, on the other side, a loss would be big as well. We'd be 2 1/2 games behind Philly, and Dallas is undefeated in the division.

Alfred Morris has a huge day coming his way tomorrow, I can just feel it in my bones. I would be shocked if he doesn't hit 150, and it wouldn't surprise me if he went for over 200. I just thing he's ready to lower the boom and drop Eagles like flies all day long. All that of course is hinging on Kyle not cutting his legs out from under him.

I hate to put too much emphasis on any one game, but I see this as the make or break in 2013.

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.

Over the last 20 some seasons of wandering the NFL Wilderness, when the Redskins have been presented with an opportunity to stand up and "throw their hat in the ring", the times they've actually threw it in the ring have been rare.

Hope that is not the case tomorrow but with the way the defense has been playing lately, it makes me want to cover my eyes and peak through my fingers when they're on the field.

Regarding Haslett and the pass rush, any way Haslett could see fit to hit the opposing QB by maybe switching up some blitzes tomorrow? When trying to sack a statue like Phillip Rivers a couple of weeks ago, the pass rush ran around like they were trying to sandpaper a bobcat's ass in a phone booth and came away with nothing. That can't happen tomorrow if we want to get Philly off the field. Something has to change in scheme.

I believe that the offense is righted, with the only tweak left to improve it even more is to keep feeding Alfred. No more of this 15-18 rushes in the first half and a paltry 4-6 carries the whole second half. Heck, if I was Mike, I'd be making Kyle go outside to break me off a switch if that happens again.

The division title is just laying there, begging for somebody to pick it up and run off with it.... do we have the ability and will to do it?

That is the question left to be answered at 1pm tomorrow.

I hope they have more heart than most Redskins fans, the majority of whom appear to have given up and packed it in already.

I hope they have more heart than most Redskins fans, the majority of whom appear to have given up and packed it in already.

Me too Boone....and I will readily admit that I am one of those that have started throwing the saddle bags on Old No. 7.

It's too early to spend winter with Adams and that damned old bear. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.