• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2012 - Week 4 @ Tampa Bay Bucs

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Elephant

Could the last two games have been any more disappointing, infuriating,...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, after the last two game, bold prediction. I like it. I'm not ready to say we win by three TDs, but I have a feeling we take this one. If Haz has ANY professional pride, he should be itching to show what he can do, right? RIGHT?

I'm buying.

Pride has to jump in these guys pants sometime. They know it's on them, the defense, to hold opponents to 21 points or less.

Robert and the O will continue to score.

Like to see Morris go for 125+ and a couple scores.

Like to see Morris go for 125+ and a couple scores.

That may be a difficult assignment. Tampa Bay right now has the #1 rushing defense in the league allowing only 2.3 yards per carry and a total of 142 yards rushing in their first three games. Granted Andre Brown went off in their Giants game for 71 yards and a TD but they held DeMarco Murray to 38 yards on 18 carries-one of them, granted, an 11 yard TD-but still only 2.1 yards/carry below his average of 4.3 yards/carry.

What I'm saying is don't expect a ton of success on the ground against the Bucs. Use it, of course, to keep the defense honest, but quite frankly the current love/hate relationship with the option and its tendency to expose Griff may have to put up with it being a likely factor in whatever run success we are able to generate against Tampa Bay.

I'm hoping you're right, El. This team is not good enough to overcome BOTH a sorry defense and horrible officiating. One of those is gonna have to get a lot better this week in order to win. Griffin has been stellar and continuously gives us a chance. If only our D could do the same thing.

Tampa hangs its defensive hat so far this year on stopping the run.

Sadly for them, like the Redskins, they can't stop the pass.

#1 against the run
#32 against the pass

Where they've been better than us defensively (not a hard row to hoe considering we are on pace to break the all-time record for points allowed) is in points allowed:

They're 15th at 22.3 per game.

We're 29th at 33.7.

Thankfully, their Offense has been utterly stuck in mud.

#32 overall
#24 in points scored (20)
#21 rushing
#30 passing

This game looks like it'll be decided by a few key plays and bounces and calls one way or the other.

The winner comes out 2-2 and still harboring hopes of making something out of the 2012 season.

The loser comes out 1-3 and ass-deep in the maelstrom.

So, it'll be another shootout, basically. I'd put odds of 2-2 at 50%. It'll come down to which QB has a better day.

Nick

I say the Skins win a close one. :thewave:
I'm uncertain if the facts back up my gut feeling but I feel the quick up temp (high scoring) offense has been a drastic change from years past.
I think perhaps the defense needed to hit rock bottom to realise how soft they are. They have really looked poorly for long stretches in the first 3 games. They aren't that bad are they?:lost:
I see the Defense playing a solid game on Rg3 doing his thing. Skins 24 Bucs 17:p

I tend to agree-it will likely look much more like the Bucs/Giants tussle rather than the defensive slugfest they had with Dallas.

My gut says we lose big. VJax & Williams go off, we limit Doug Martin. Griffin and the offense can't get going because he gets hit, a lot.

Of course I thought we might beat the Bengals, so who knows?

I am basing my assertion on 2 things. I think we get our run game going much like we did against the Saints by the quick pass to loosen their defense up. They lost their top DE for the season. This week we take advantage of a piss poor secondary and use a strategy much like the Bengals and Rams used against us to take away their run defense.

I also think our defense steps up big time this week. Like I mentioned, Vincent Jackson is looking for a big day, but he is really the only threat out wide, unless they spread Doug Martin out in the flat. He is the biggest concern for me on their offense. The kid is quick and runs strong. And I cannot neglect LeGarrette Blount, he is a quality back and if he gets steam going, we're done. I just think our secondary is going to surprise us this week. They are not really that bad, are they?

Mr. Pachyderm that was a great read and write up. I think you summed it up best that a rivalry had begun, I think it still exists, there's going to be some pissed off Tampa fans when we invade Fed Ex south. I don't think however that the score will reflect that many points, I think both offenses somewhat struggle, with a 24-17 Skins win. I think that no matter else happens this season, we have to win games on offense, any week we need our defense to step up, we're toast, burnt toast.

El, flashing back to that game in 99' still gets me. Love the prediction and your reasoning is sound as always. 45 points....yeah I'll take that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.