• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2012 - Week 15 @ Cleveland Browns

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Henry

Ok, I’ve known I’d be doing the Cleveland game for a couple months now. I...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful, Henry, just beautiful.

I knew you had it in you. :)

You know...it just hit me thanks to Henry's post - WE are the trap team and the Browns are the "typical Redskins" at this point! THe star QB has gone down, a rookie is starting, and we have a terrible defense...a game the Browns probably SHOULD win. But, they won't.

THanks, Henry! You have made me supremely confident! :)

You guys really are alarmists. Two weeks ago the Redskins are facing Eli Manning and that doesn't phase you, but Brandon Weedon is giving you nightmares?

Guess everyone has to worry about something.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm not sure who you're talking to, BD. I haven't picked the Redskins to win a game since 2008. :)

Nice writeup, Henry. It was thoroughly enjoyed.

With that being said, I must say I respectfully disagree.

I still say that this is the type of late season game you often see young, inexperienced teams like the Redskins who are looking to take that next step forward let slip away.

While I hate to say it, it's almost the kind of game that is one of those necessary evils that young teams have to deal with as part of the process of learning how to become an elite team.

Good to see you again, Henry. Been what ... five years? :)

So I just happened to be watching the Browns vs Chiefs on NFL Replay. And forgive me also, but you know what? Kansas City was AWFUL. I mean, as in not-NFL-ready awful.

Their offensive scheme was out of the 50's. Off tackle, off tackle, deep drop, sack or incomplete. I'm really not exaggerating. Their defense tried hard, but was on the field, like, all the time. We know what it's like to watch a defense try to motivate itself when they know their offense is simply non-competitive.

The Browns? Yes, I know you never take an opponent lightly. You respect the 3-game streak. But they look to me like exactly what I've been calling the Redskins for many years now ...

A bunch of guys.

If the Skins head in there with the kind of energy and creativity they've shown the past month, I like our chances. With either rookie QB.

So there.

Although I've Weeden some credit myself, the truth is, in most ways he's been pretty bad this season. Here are some of his stats:

- Ranked 32 out of 36 starting QBs
- 72.5% QB rating (barely ahead of Ryan Tannehill and Mark Sanchez - for context)
- Has thrown for 13 TDs, but 15 interceptions
- Completed 57% of his passes

There have been worse rookie years, to be sure - to be fair, he has thrown for 3000 yards. But he's not lighting it up across the board. We should be able to force him into some errors.

On an unrelated note, statistically speaking, Andrew Luck is having nowhere near the season sports talking heads are giving him credit for. 18 TDs, but also 18 INTs, completion % that's average at best (54.9%). QB rating of 74.5. Hard to believe he's seen as being RG3's equal this year. He's thrown for a ton of yards, but he's not even in the same galaxy as Griffin based on numbers alone.

Great job Henry, I guess I am still stuck in pessimist mode. This could be the perfect example of a game that reminds us all we are not there yet. The key to that sentence being yet. I know we are getting better and are better than the team we've seen the last 5 years, but I have a memory of letdown seared in my psyche that has been less than optimistic about this game but I am picking the Redskins to win...

Last edited:
You guys really are alarmists. Two weeks ago the Redskins are facing Eli Manning and that doesn't phase you, but Brandon Weedon is giving you nightmares?

Guess everyone has to worry about something.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It's a syndrome. Two decades of futility will do that.

everyone is picking tha brownies to win...i dont know if its cuz rg3 possibly not playin,or they think they are better then us , so we need to win this game to shut people up and keep are playoff hopes alive reguardless of whose ...skins will win gods willing !

For those having doubts about Sunday, let me make a suggestion. Get NFL Replay and watch the Browns vs Chiefs. If you don't find yourself thinking "damn ... these guys look like we used to", I'll eat my words.

I'm not saying we're going to win---our secondary and lack of pass rush continue to be sub-NFL standard and capable of giving away a game to anyone---but you can't watch the Browns play and not come away thinking these new Redskins are playing on a different level.

For me, it's not them or how good/bad they are, it's about us totally playing down to their level and giving a bad/average team a chance. I know we are on an upward trajectory, but I am not confident we have outgrown the ease at which we lose the trap games.

Over this 4 game stretch, I have been amazed at what our team is doing. They are different than anything we've see since Clinton Portis went on a tear to end the season with 5 straight 100 yard rushing games, ST diving across the goal line to crush any chance of a Philly come back, and a late 2nd quarter Chris Cooley TD to put us up against the Cowgirls 28-0 going into half time. We have seen much of the same excitement from the players we have today and this 4 game stretch has been awesome to behold.

Is that sting of perpetual disappointment gone? Well, I am not sure...yet, even if I think we will win this game.

There was no prediction! Bah! :)

Ok, here is mine...

Browns 29 Redskins 19. Double Bah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.