• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Big Al Suspended

this is turing into an intersting thread.....so...we all...well most of us...hedged our bets at the beginning of the season and stated we weren't expecting miracles. with the advantage of hindset...were you

- expecting about what has happened

- expecting something better

- expecting worse

???? and why.

I was expecting about what has happened, but i was hoping for something better. I thought we were an average team with a shot at the playoffs and still think, we could've made the PO's if it wasn't for injuries.

Regardless of our record, i'm very impressed with Shanahan. I think he's the best coach we've had since Gibb's 1.0 and better than Gibb's 2.0. I believe the Redskins have a bright future with Shanahan, Haslett and Allen. I'm not expecting much better results next year, but imo, year 3 will be the start of one of the better years this franchise has had in 20 yrs.

I'm not ready to throw Haslett under the bus and go back to the 4-3 either as some have suggested. I like the 3-4 over the 4-3 also, but it's going to take time to adjust. I believe though, there is a greater downside to a bad/average 3-4 compared to a bad/average 4-3 and we're seeing that. People can post all the stats of previous years they want, but we were not a good defense in the 4-3 either. T Brady and P Manning did, and still could, put up 50 against our so called good 4-3 D's of the past.

This leads me to current situation with Shanahan/Haynesworth. Shanahan should've been point blank and asked AH if he was going to committ to NT before receiving that fat bonus check. I'm led to believe he didn't ask that question based on this joke decision to play him part time in passing situations outside the NT position, and now, the current decision to FINALLY do something about AH. This has absolutely killed any chances of us being successful at the 3-4 sooner than expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.