• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Bobby Mitchell
Charley Taylor
Art Monk

All players who played RB in college that transitioned to WR....and historically, our best WRs.
With his size,speed and versatility....genuinely excited about Gibson . :)

With the caveat that I don't know which position he ends up playing (or playing more), the bulk of his reps at Memphis were at WR. For the record, the immediate comparisons to Mccaffery are ridiculous. We don't know how good he can be at the NFL level, but there aren't many players of Christian Mccaffery's talent level out there and no one should expect that.

One thing we are going to see out of Scott Turner's offense that we haven't had here in a long time - unpredictability. I think the days of us lining up and the opponent knowing exactly what we are getting ready to do, based on personnel alone, are over. That's really good news. And the selection of Gibson is evidence that this is a primary goal.

A future HOF'er? Sounds good to me.

Reactions: Ax
I just added a clip of commentary from his Memphis Head Coach to Gibson's thread. Pretty amazing endorsement.

He runs a 4.39 at 225. His per catch average is over 20.

I am assuming he will ultimately be a WR.

Not only do we need the depth there but it extends his career.

When's the last time we drafted a guy who averaged over 20 yds a catch AND over 11 yds per carry?

Never.

I am intrigued.

CBS not big fans of our picks so far ... shocking.

ROUNDOVERALLPLAYER SELECTEDGRADE
12EDGE Chase Young, Ohio StateA
366RB Antonio Gibson, MemphisC
4108OT Saahdiq Charles, LSUC+
4142^WR Antonio Gandy-Golden, LibertyA
5156*OL Keith Ismael, San Diego StateC
5162*LB Khaleke Hudson, MichiganC-

Now I kinda wish we'd ended up at the #3 slot...we'd certainly be trading down.

I don't want Chase Young.

Edit: I want Isaiah Simmons and 2 other 1st round picks and a 2nd.

Just caught this El. How come? Just for the haul a value based trade might net?

He's a WR who also played in the backfield. He's an electric player. Read up on him and watch some of the highlight videos I posted. Uber-talented player. Rivera comparing him to Christian Mccaffery. And he runs a 4.39 40 yd dash.

He's a RB who played WR.

Holy crap! The Skins just drafted Joe Biden. DB from Obama St. Mel Kiper said "this kid has tremendous upside. He's not old, he's experienced. Great leverage, can switch political allegiances on a dime, and closes faster than a hooker at 3 am on payday."

I can't help but think Super Bowl...

Also heard he is a golfer who plays close attention to the lie angle!

With the caveat that I don't know which position he ends up playing (or playing more), the bulk of his reps at Memphis were at WR. For the record, the immediate comparisons to Mccaffery are ridiculous. We don't know how good he can be at the NFL level, but there aren't many players of Christian Mccaffery's talent level out there and no one should expect that.

One thing we are going to see out of Scott Turner's offense that we haven't had here in a long time - unpredictability. I think the days of us lining up and the opponent knowing exactly what we are getting ready to do, based on personnel alone, are over. That's really good news. And the selection of Gibson is evidence that this is a primary goal.

Guess we'll find out when he plays competition somewhat more elevated than the American Athletic Conference. I am hopeful. But have learned over time not to take these fishing expeditions too seriously. Nice stats mean less in this sorta situation. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to watch.

I like the draft through the fourth round picks and the two picks in the seventh.

I agree with the low marks for the 5th rounders.

Unlike the rest of our picks these players have issues with size, strength or speed and those are often hard to overcome at the next level.

Why take a ZBS center when Turner is likely to feature a power scheme as the main entree?

Hudson is a tweener. That could be a great thing if he had outstanding speed or size for either of the positions.

But he just looks like a slow safety and a small linebacker.

Where does he excel at the NFL level?

5th round was too early for a flyer like this.

The individual player threads with highlights and stats are all linked in the OP. Just in case you're lookin'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.