• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Mock Draft Thread

No trades this time.

WAS

Broderick Jones
OT Georgia

WAS

John Michael Schmitz
OC Minnesota

WAS

Luke Musgrave
TE Oregon State

WAS

Ronnie Hickman
S Ohio State

WAS

Jaxson Kirkland
OT Washington

WAS

Shaka Heyward
LB Duke

WAS

Max Duggan
QB TCU

WAS

Anfernee Orji
LB Vanderbilt

now we're rollin... the file is on my laptop at home so i'll get it updated tonight

Figure I'd get out ahead of this early ... I think TCU QB Max Duggan is fool's gold.

So there.

Well - he's a ginger for starters. Doesn't really stand out. I added a project QB late because why not. Could've been anybody tbh.

Well - he's a ginger for starters. Doesn't really stand out. I added a project QB late because why not. Could've been anybody tbh.
This is where I am. Every time I do one of these, I add a QB in one of the last 3 rounds and I take whichever is highest rated at that particular moment.

Reactions: Om
At some point, I'll actually do some research and see if there is a sleeper type out there. I would really prefer they pay up to keep Taylor here as our backup and ride with he and Howell at least for 2023.

It's just a guess, SO, but I'm thinking that offers come into teams for picks a lot more often than they are accepted. I think we would be surprised at just how many get rejected.

I'm sure there's way more offers than ever reported, it just seems the weighting is way off for me.

OP updated... no shortage of variety but you're starting to see some people with multiples.

Going forward as this grows I'll format it a little better so it's not so jumbled.

Watching Twitter and some of the sites that are heavy into predicting the draft, I'm seeing a lot of predictions of a 1st round CB for Washington while I'm not seeing that here.

Do we think maybe there is a "site bias"? Have we talked about the OL issues so much here this year that we are all blind to other possibilities?

PFF Mock2-7v1.PNG

Traded 152 & 235 for 155 & 196 (SF)

This time I went BPA at a position of need for each pick. For example - BPA at 16 was a RB but that isn't a position of need so I looked down the list. The next two players were CBs - also not a position of need in my mind. The 4th guy was Simpson and LB is definitely a position of need, at least according to Om.

I did that with every pick unless I had already picked someone at that position and in that case, I skipped to the next position of need.

On a side note, it is amazing how many times a RB or a TE was the BPA when Washington hit the clock.

Watching Twitter and some of the sites that are heavy into predicting the draft, I'm seeing a lot of predictions of a 1st round CB for Washington while I'm not seeing that here.

Do we think maybe there is a "site bias"? Have we talked about the OL issues so much here this year that we are all blind to other possibilities?

Thought the same thing til Kiper took Broderick Jones in the first.

I also think that is a lot of guys that report on 32 teams and see a number of premium CBs in the first round… and remember our tendency to give up the big play over the last 2 seasons.

i didn’t really see the CB pick early on, but I guess I can see them going BPA. I think once Skoroski is off the board there is a gap, and The draft guys have a lot of CBs rated 10 - 20, but not a lot of O line i that same area

Last edited:
That’s why I see a trade back

So I decided to try the NFL Draft Simulator out of curiosity and because the stuff on PFF and PFN were starting to look the same to me. Taking SilentThreat's comments about unrealistic trades to heart, I ignored every offer and drafted a player with each of Washington's current picks. There is definitely a difference in player rankings. Guys who were always there at 16 on PFF and PFN were gone in the NFL's simulator (Skoronski went 7th) and guys I've never seen available in the first two were there at 16 on NFL - most notably Anthony Richardson, QB out of Florida.

NFL_Mock_2-9v1.PNG

So I decided to try the NFL Draft Simulator out of curiosity and because the stuff on PFF and PFN were starting to look the same to me. Taking SilentThreat's comments about unrealistic trades to heart, I ignored every offer and drafted a player with each of Washington's current picks. There is definitely a difference in player rankings. Guys who were always there at 16 on PFF and PFN were gone in the NFL's simulator (Skoronski went 7th) and guys I've never seen available in the first two were there at 16 on NFL - most notably Anthony Richardson, QB out of Florida.

did you notice (while you were rejecting them) how lopsided, or did you not even look?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.